Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while importing Business Role "Child Role does not exist" in GRC 10.1

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am trying to import Busniess role into BRM but i am getting error stating that  Child Role does not exist.

Screen shot.

The child role is already imported into BRM.I have already ran the Repo Synch Jobs.

Please let me know if any one has faced this issue before.

Thanks

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Have you ensured the right logical group has been documented in the import file?

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to add the child(Composite role) to Buinsess role manually.I am also able to import the Business role into BRM with out any Associated/Child role in Column X.

But the problem comes only when I try to import Buniess role file with Column X populated(Associated Roles [ Alphanumeric(100) ] [Only for Composite / Business Roles])

Thanks

Nitesh

Thanks

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have managed to manually add the composite role to the business role via the "ROle Management" screen, try exporting the role details and check the layout and content of the export file against your original import file.

You may find some differences, hence the error.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

I assume that this issue happens when the composite role is not generated on the default connector. Also I assume that you face a warning when you manually select the roles in the business roles?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue in GRC10,SP12

Hi Alessandro,

Can you kindly advise what I have to do "when the composite role is not generated on the default connector"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Please fill up the Landscape in Column, Associated roles for Landscape(i do not remember the exact name), which is besides,  Column, "Associated Roles [ Alphanumeric(100) ] [Only for Composite / Business Roles]"

Regards

Plaban

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am able to reslove the issue whcih was a very minor one.

The mistake i was doing that there was a typo in (Associated Role Landscape [ Alphanumeric(10) ][ Only for Business Roles ]

Now i am able to import the busines role with composite/Portal role as i have rectified the typo

Thanks Everyone for chipping in.

Thanks

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that the mistake was in the import file, as I had thought.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

I did the same and was not able to upload the business role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

My problem remains even after adding associated system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somik,

Please fill up the (Associated Role Landscape [ Alphanumeric(10) ][ Only for Business Roles ], and not system, for Business role import.

Also, fill up Associated Roles [ Alphanumeric(100) ] [Only for Composite / Business Roles]"

Regards

Plaban

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

Appreciate your reply here.

Thanks

Nitesh

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitesh,

Are you able to add manually child role to business role

NWBC>Role Maintenance>open business role

add child role under roles

if you can able to add then it is issue with role import file

2084889 - Default role file import is not working for business role

if still error

then run sync jobs in full sync mode

First re import the Child role,check the status under provisioning in additional details of role

Then import business roles with fresh downloaded template from NWBC

in addition check below Note also

2049910 - Business Role Import error if associated role length is more than 100 characters.

Hope it works

Regards

Baithi