cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a Message to Proxy (ECC 6) and same to RFC (ECC 5 system) using one PI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Experts ,

I have a scenario where I have to configure the same message coming from Thrid Party system to ECC 6 Server(ABAP Proxy)  and ECC 5 (RFC Call - ECC 5 not supporting Proxy call) based on one input value in the Payload .

Both ECC 6 and ECC 5 I can make as RFC and do a dynamic receiver determination ,but shortly in next 6 months ECC 5 also i going to be merged into ECC 5 and I prefer a ABAP Proxy interface rather than a RFC interface .

How can this be achieved . Can you please give me some ideas and suggestions .

Thank You ,

Jaswanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

You want send data at a time to 2 ECC systems or One after another?

If it is at a time to 2 ECC systems:

Then put a condition in receiver determination based on Key field values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The data comes to PI in  Sender Soap . The data will be always relevant to either system . Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks Everyone for quick response . I started implementing the scenario from the first reply Priyanka . Thanks I will update shortly.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siriram,

First of all, the Priyanka idea is for me the best way to achieve your goal, because you have simplicity although may be doesn't fulfill all your requirements.

Right now, you have two interfaces and you need to split your message in two, this theme is taking in this part of the SAP documentation http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/18/fa87311cea41e49dc9d931a3b67703/content.htm. Therefore, you have the interface split or the message-based split option. If you have differences in the data to be send i would try the second option, you have here an example http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1.... However, on six months you will use the proxy for the second scenario and the interface will be the same and Priyankaa idea will the best way. Depending of your urgency, you can go right now with multi-mapping or to prepare two scenarios, one for now and the other when the ECC upgrade will be done.

Regards.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

totally agree with you however my approach will work for both SYN and AYSN communication.As you know

Synchronous Flow of Messages Does Not Support Multimapping along With Enhanced Interface Determination

i know there is an additional effort required to construct the 2 interface however sometimes if there is no alternative we need to go for it

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can split into two different interfaces

1) Thirdparty--->PI---->ServerProxy(ECC6)

2) ServerProxy ECC6 will call client proxy in ECC6---->PI---->RFC in ECC5

You should explain this business process to your ABAP developer, once the first interface completes its transaction immediately it should call the client proxy which sends same data to RFC ECC5

everything will be on the fly

Thanks

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaswanth,

Please let us know whether your  scenario is synchronous or Asynchronous. If it is synchronous and you are planning to split to two receivers, then its not possible. Sync messages can not be split between systems. But you can have receivers based on condition.

Hence I would suggest to use condition based receiver determination (can be either static or extended) and design the scenario.

Also using RFC or proxy depends on your requirement. If you already have any standard/custom RFC then prefer RFC otherwise proxy.

Regards,

Priyanka