cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing SAP netweaver ABAP application server 7.02 fails at Start Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the following error during Installation of SAP netweaver ABAP application server 7.02, Installation just stops because the instance couldnt be started

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Instance NSP/DVEBMGS00 reached state SHUTDOWN after having state STARTING. Giving up.). You can now:

• Choose Retry to repeat the current step.
  • Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.
  • Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/.   

The error occurred after re installation of the server, because it failed the last time due to Dispatcher problems. especially the dispatcher shutting down few moments after starting. I have attached the dev.ms and dev.disp for reference.

Had anyone faced the same issue. Please help!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji,

Your system is not bale starting as the icm is not able to start on port 65000.

Sun Jul 19 16:55:59 2015

***LOG Q0I=> NiIRead: P=127.0.0.1:65000; L=127.0.0.1:54392: recv (10054: WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer) [nixxi.cpp 5072]

*** ERROR => NiIRead: SiRecv failed for hdl 33/sock 1136

(SI_ECONN_BROKEN/10054; I4; ST; P=127.0.0.1:65000; L=127.0.0.1:54392) [nixxi.cpp    5072]

*** ERROR => DpIcmMsgProcess: IcmRecMsg (rc=-8,-6) [dpxxdisp.c   18453]

You can maintain the parameter in instance profile.

icm/admin_port = 62<$$>0

Where $$ is instance number.

Also do paste the dev_icm log file.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Indeed, it looks something related to the ICM.

If we have the dev_w0 and dev_icm we might be able to give more detailed recommendations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have uninstalled the system for now. Probably I may try reinstalling the system during weekends and I am an ABAP consultant so If u explain something. Please explain me the steps to do it as well.

And with the log file please allow me to post it by this weekend or  Is there any way I could get the logfile after uninstalling?

Best Regards

Balaji Vengatesh Murugesan

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

These logs (dev_w0 and dev_icm) would be at the "work" folder, the same from where you collected the dev_disp posted at the opening of this thread.

I think that the "work" folder is deleted when you uninstall an instance, but I'm not sure.

Best regards,

Isaías

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

1. Stop the installation, upgrade the kernel 7.20 level to 400 & above along with IGS, start the installation.

2. Refer the SAP KBA 1752969 - Issue during installation of Additional Application Server on Microsoft Windows

Regards

SS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I have dev_w0 and also please check MaxDB log area. It could be full.

Regards,