Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see the alerts or generate the alerts in PLanning

former_member245665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created two macros under the planning book.

1. for total demand,

2. correction>forecast

And activated successfully. Now i can see the two macros in data view as well.

But i am not getting the alert when i am entering the higher value in correction key figure than forecast.

Even for total demand not getting alerts in planning.

Please guide me on how to get the alerts in planning book. Please tell me the procedure.

Thanks,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

In order to see the alerts in planning book, please select the Display/refresh alerts button at the top - (Red color icon).

Also I hope you would have assigned your id to alert profile in transaction - /SAPAPO/SDPALPR

Below document gives good overview of Alert Monitor -

Hope it help you.

Regards,

Alok

former_member245665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have done all the steps mentioned in Document.

Still i am unable to find the alerts.

Please find the below screen shot and let me know the deatils.

thanks ,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Your statements about the alerts you have created are pretty vague.  I suggest you first review the examples provided by SAP in /SAPAPO/ADVM.  You need to ensure that your Macro Alert works  before you even think about trying to use the Alert Monitor.

You should review SAP's Macro examples, and reverse-engineer them: //ADVM > do not select any macro book > select Ctrl F9 (where-used list) > Select Macro Elements > select Alert/Status.  You will get a list of every Macro that includes an alert.  Ignore your own Macros (they don't work, right?) and instead select the 'Example' macros.  Open these books one by one, and all the macros that contain Alerts will be displayed in the work area.  Open each macro and analyze them.  You will see how a successful alert is created.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member245665
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alok and Dogboy..

Now i am able to see the Alerts in my planning book..

But the thing is i am getting that alert for all the months even though there is no data in all months..i have 32 months in planning bucket...and i am having data only for 3 months..

I think i need to get alert for 3 months...

Please suggest me...

THanks

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

But the thing is I am getting that alert for all the months even though there is no data in all months..I have 32 months in planning bucket...and I am having data only for 3 months.

When I suggested you look at the example Macros, it is implied that you can do this generically, not just for the specific problem you mentioned earlier.

The most recent 'problem' you have raised can be solved in several ways within Macro processing.  All of these ways are illustrated in the various example Macros provided by SAP. 

For example, did you look here?  There are two possible approaches in this screen.  There are other possibilities within the calculation itself.....

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)