cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How assign original cheque number without maintaing cheque lot in FCHI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

User maintains a payment method 'S' ( for example) for cheque payment in F110 and they don't want to maintain a dummy  cheque lots in FCHI.

So after the payment also ,there wont be any cheque information related to the that particular document in FB03.

They want to update the original cheque number when the payment acknowledgment receives from the bank.

So please guide me how to allocate this original cheque number eventhough it is not maintained in ECC.So that once payment acknowldegemnt comes..how can i Update the original bank cheque number to the payment document.

Note : Client will not purchase cheque lots from bank,

Please help.

Regards,

Tibin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't use cheque lots, the payment method is not a real cheque payment for the system.

You'd better put the original cheque no to the assignment field whenever you want. So you will not have to define cheque lots or assign cheque number etc.

Regards,

Barhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Barhan,

Thanks for you quick reply.

Existing Process - Current process we carried out is like, the dummy cheque number is updated with original cheque number by modifying the table( using abap program ) on receipt of acknowledgement from bank ..So user will be able to see the original cheque number from FB03 ( Environment->Check Information) and the cheque reversal is carried using FCH8 if any cheque needs to be cancelled using BDC program.

Please clarify  on few more queries.

1.So if I update original cheque number in assignment field on receipt of bank acknowledgement,

I think the User will not be able to see the cheque Information in FB03 Tcode ( Environment->Check Information)..Am I Correct?

2.Since cheque number is in assignment field as you said .I don't want to reverse the cheque payment using FCH8 ..Instead I can reverse the payment using FB08 or FBRA..Am I Correct ?

Thanks,

Tibin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin,

For above queries:-

1) I think the User will not be able to see the cheque Information in FB03 Tcode ( Environment->Check Information).Am I Correct?

Ans- Yes user will not be able to see it until cheque is been created in SAP.

2) .Since cheque number is in assignment field as you said .I don't want to reverse the cheque payment using FCH8 ..Instead I can reverse the payment using FB08 or FBRA..Am I Correct ?

Ans- Yes, you can reverse the document through FB08 or FBRA(in case of cleared document)

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) The user will be able to see cheque information in FB03 but, on assignment filed, not in Environment->Check Information

2)Yes you should FB08 or if it is cleared FBRA...

No need to create cheque lots, no need to update cheque no via ABAP program, because in fact you are not using the cheque functionality of the system. So change the type of payment method from cheque to bank transf, you can still use the same bank sub account...

Regards,

Barhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank  you for all for you valuable suggestions.

There is an option to upload cheque number to cheque register using a function Module INSERT_PAYR. So the cheque number received from bank can be assigned to payment document number and same time cheque register also eventhough if cheque lots are not maintained also in ECC.

Reagrds,

Tibin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can update original cheque details to 'Reference field', 'Assignment field' or 'Reference key 3 field' through t-code FCHU.

If you do not have cheque created in SAP, go to t-code FB02 and update original cheque details in 'Assignment field' or 'Text field'. You can also edit 'Doc.header text' and 'Reference field' for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag