cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loading with 2 keyfigures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are having single model which is periodic containing all the planning ( Revenue, Expense and Capex)

We need periodic values for  (Revenue, Expense) then we will be loading from 0AMOUNT key figure and while loading for Capex and all other balance sheet items we will  be loading from 0BALANCE  key figure which is cumulative keyfigure.

Can we map 2 key figures in single mapping for signed data like :

SIGNEDDATA = IF (ACCTYPE = EXP/INC)  then  0AMOUNT ELSE  0BALANCE))

Also I would like certain clarification, are we following correct approach by loading  0BALANCE  for the balance sheet accounts, or  we need to load the periodic values for the balance sheet and then show the report in YTD measure.

But there is a problem, the balance sheet items are not getting added up in the YTD measure in the periodic model and I believe this is  SAP BPC standard.

Request you to put certain clarification on the same.

Regards,

sap bpc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ankur_Jain
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use MVAL keyword to map multiple key figures in a single mapping.

Let's say you have 2 different accounts A and B to which you want to load 0AMOUNT and 0BALANCE respectively then, you may use the following:

ACCOUNT = *MVAL(0AMOUNT|A||0BALANCE|B)

Regards,

Ankur Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ankur,,

thanks for your reply.

I need to map multiple keyfigure to signed data.

I just want to load 0AMOUNT for P&L items and 0BALANCE for Balance sheet items.

So I need mapping for SIGNEDDATA and not the account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't do IF statement on signeddata, create two transformation files and do separate loads for balance and P&L account, or use start/end routine BADI to do the check for you.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy,

I would like certain clarification, are we following correct approach by loading  0BALANCE  for the balance sheet accounts, or  we need to load the periodic values by calculating in BI for the balance sheet and then show the report in YTD measure.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

As others suggested, it is not possible to have IF condition for SDATA.

Try creating a package link comprising of packages for P&L items and B/S items as one of the ways to load data in one load process.

former_member223749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use below links for data loading with 2 keyfigures.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26973

Hope this will help you,

Regards,

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read what the user is asking, your answer is totally irrelevant.

former_member223749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you read both documents...they are relevant...how you take use of it is depends on you.

don't comment without proper info...

user is asking how to load two key figure, it's in first document and user is asking for both account type P&L and balance sheet (i.e. INC,EXP,AST and LEQ). that is in second document...

he can use both document and take use of it and prepare his solution based on his requirement.

i din't tell use the document, i just mentioned. document might help.

former_member544285
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't load YTD data to periodic model. The "measure" in dimension is not an actual dimension. It's just used to show data in the report by applying some MDX formula.

If you want to load YTD data to periodic model, you will need to do some calculation from BW to calculate the periodic data before adding to BPC model. Then inside the model you can show data in YTD by using measure