cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batches to be placed in the same storage sections

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

My WM storage is separated as compacters and each compacter has bins. Compacters are defined as storage sections of same storage type.

when I do GR and TO, entire batch should go to one or more bins in one compacter. I.e batch can't be split between compacters. Batch can split between bins in same compacters.

How can I achieve this. Currently batch going to second compacter if first compacter has not enough space.

Ex:

Compacter1     Compacter2

C1Bin1               C2Bin1

C1Bin2                   C2Bin2

C1Bin3               C2Bin3

Assume each bin has capacity of 100PC (i.e Can hold 4 lots (4*25))

When I do GR and TO,

1. GR1 with 200 should go to C1Bin1 and C1Bin2 in Compacter1

2.GR2 with 200 should go to C2Bin1 and C2Bin2 in Compacter 2

Problem is system places C1Bin3 100PC and C2Bin1 100PC

Please advise.

Thanks

Rayudu

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can control the mixing at storage type level or storage bin level we don't have provision to control the same at storage section level. for this you need to write you own custom put away logic in user exit MWMTO003 where before placement system should aggregate the bin from the storage section and find whether the incoming batch(from the delivery document)  is there or not in any of the bin of the storage section if yes and if the batch is same as incoming batch then suggest the storage bin from same storage section or else propose the bin from another section.

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rayudu,

I don't think so, it would be possible to achieve this requirement using the standard settings. Hence, you may need to make use of userexits to meet your business requirement:

EXIT_SAPLL03A_001;
EXIT_SAPLL03A_002;
EXIT_SAPLL03A_003;
EXIT_SAPLL03A_004;

Thanks,
Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Balaji.

No choice need to use user exit . thanks for help.