Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SAP PI or not???

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the company wants to implements ARIBA.

Ariba should consume data from ERP, this maybe will be an new server (ERP 6.06 + add-on ariba Integration suite 1.0)

SAP PI will be used to exchange data between each other.

we have PI 7.11.

I understand that ERP 6.0 ehp6 upgrade th SWC SAP_BASIS to version 7.31.

i am a little confunse about this:

if the SWC SAP_BASIS in the ERP is 7.31, should i upgrade my SAP PI to 7.31, or only needs to import the SWC SAP_BASIS 7.31 to my ESR so, i can avoid to upgrade the PI???????

i read the blog: http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/software-logistics/blog/2012/12/21/why-ehp6-for-sap-e...

Evolution of code lines for software component SAP BASIS

Let us focus on one prominent software component of the foundation of each ABAP system: SAP BASIS. After SAP NetWeaver 7.0 was released, the code line of SAP BASIS 7.0 was split. On the one hand, this allowed faster innovation for technology solutions like SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI), based on SAP BASIS 7.1, 7.11 and above (until 7.3). At the same time, the SAP Business Suite based applications like SAP ERP had the requirement of a stable core. This lead to the code line 7.0, 7.01, and 7.02.

Meanwhile SAP has reached a high degree of interoperability between SAP Business Suite based application systems (like SAP ERP) and SAP NetWeaver based technology systems (like PI). So it was possible to merge the two code lines back into one – and this one had to be named 7.31.

i think the answer is in front of my eyes but i think i cant understand it at all.

Rgds

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its not about importing SAP BASIS 731 into ESR even if you import into ESR your PI runtime will not change to 731.you need to upgrade your PI runtime components to SAP BASIS 731.

I also faced the same situation when we plan to upgrade our ECC EH5 to Eh6/7 and SAP suggested to upgrade our PI version before upgrading ECC this is because of conflict with the runtime components code.

Please refer below links it might help you

Landscape Recommendations - Landscape Governance - SCN Wiki 

SAP Note: 1388258

Thanks

Answers (0)