Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find code that is changing VBAK-NETWR

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a strange scenario where the value of VBAK-NETWR VA01 Net Value seems to be added to itself, occasionally.

(e.g. In an advanced returns with references, after you confirm a mateiral and qty, if the value was 101.50, it then becomes 203. and then 304.50, as you navigate around the VA01 transaction,)

The situation appears in order tyoe RE2 (advanced returns) as we've noticed so far, and not in all of those orders, either.

I'm trying to locate what code or config might be causing this incorrect increase to show on the screen (and in the db).

My main question is what tools might I use to determine exactly where in the code this is happening?  I've used SAT to trace and examine the call hierarchy, etc., and I've used debug with various watchpoints.  No luck in these tools witnessing *exactly* which line of code increases any VBAK-NETWR or related temp field, etc

Any other thoughts as to how I can figure out what might be changing this?  Could it be some config.?

Thanks

Jeremy H.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check, if the below options may help you.

1)  Check Where used list on VBAK-NETWR field in SE12

2)  Check for any User exit / Badi / Implicit enhancement is implemented

3)  Check functional configuration for pricing conditions

4) Check VOFM routines

5) Check SAT / ST05 trace to find the program

6) Last but not the least, debug the whole process with more patience and time.

Regards,

Gautham.

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Dear Jeremy,

Have you try to check on the user exit / badi related?

Thanks

Wong

TanmayVerma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Please check in VOFM transaction for any  custom pricing routines that might be getting triggered. Incorrect code in the pricing routines can cause such an issue.

Check in VOFM -> Formulas -> Condition Value. There might be a pricing routine written which gets triggered every time that is adding up the value.

~Tanmay

rajkumarnarasimman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Before checking the Exit/enhancement, I hope we can analysis the net price value in VA01/02/03.

By standard, the value will be picked based on pricing condition configured in system.

Click the analysis button for the appropriate item in sales Order item screen, Even still you can find out, then we can search Exit/Enhancement/VOFM routines.

Hope it works.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check, if the below options may help you.

1)  Check Where used list on VBAK-NETWR field in SE12

2)  Check for any User exit / Badi / Implicit enhancement is implemented

3)  Check functional configuration for pricing conditions

4) Check VOFM routines

5) Check SAT / ST05 trace to find the program

6) Last but not the least, debug the whole process with more patience and time.

Regards,

Gautham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all very much for these responses and clues.  We have not solved it yet, but have noticed that the pricing condition analysis (and even update) makes it go *back* to the original net value displayed.  The item condition screen appears correct and unchanged (though that is KOMP-NETWR), as does the header condition screen.

We will do more analysis of these, and definitely report back findings.

Thanks again.

Jeremy H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would like to report back on this.  We were able to trace the issue to a recent change to Pricing Conditions.  Code was added in one Sales U.E. to check if a cred card was entered.  If so, pricing routing was called with a newly created custom pricing condition of "X'.  Also code in the RV61AFZA--> USEREXIT_PRICING_RULE.

We backed out the changes and the problem stopped.

Thank you all for your assistance and getting me thinking critically about those recent changes.