Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic PGI after warehouse task confirmation

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a stock destruction process setup wherein the Reservation is created first and in turn GI is posted in ECC and the corresponding delivery is sent to EWM where the warehouse task is created manually. Now, the task is in turn assigned to a resource who will actually do the picking. Currently, we are posting the GI manually in EWM after confirming the task and the delivery gets completed in ECC.

We would like to Post the GI automatically but only when the stock has been actually putway by the resource to scrap zone.

Any inputs on how to setup such scenario will be helpful.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS

This can be done by action which has to trigger with WT confirmation for your del. You can get expected action and its use in below document.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS,

When the resource has picked the items, the WT will be on WAITING status till the resource confirm the products to destination bin. Once confirmed then you can post PGI automatically and the details for settings regarding to PGI automation are clearly mentioned in link provided by Suraj T. Please go though those details and do the configurations as required. You can acheive it using PPF's.

Regards

Anoop

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have automated the GI process by creating a Z action profile in which i have defined the Method Call as /SCWM/GM_POSTING and Schedule Condition as /SCWM/GI_POSTING. However, there is one issue, as soon as i pick the stock onto the resource, the PGI gets trigerred and fails in the Queue(SMQ2). Once i scan the destination, i need to go and reset the status of the failed item in the queue which then get processed successfully and PGI is posted automatically.

Now, how to get rid of this queue failure. Can you please suggest how do i trigger my PGI onlyand after when my destination is scanned and not when i pick onto the resource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS,

you can talk with technical consultant to have auto retriggering mechanism with frequency and time. and if issue after multiple re trigger save in diff queue.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS

Check this post and try to achieve as per req.

regards

Suraj

petrzak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is your staging area in the delivery.

Can you set the staging area, ie picking task destination, as the scrapping zone?

Petr

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Zak,

My concern is that when resource will pick up the stock and confirm the task, picking gets completed. But the stock still physically lies with the resouce in /n/scwm/mon and the resouce is yet to putaway.

Now, we were able to post PGI automatically as soon as as picking is completed which i do not want. My concern is how do i get a status such that when resouce does the putaway to scrap zone, then PGI shud happen automatically.

I am new to EWM, hence request you to please elaborate the steps i need to perform using staging area?

thanks,

petrzak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

when stock is picked and lies with the resource, that does not trigger the picking completed status.

Picking completed is triggered when resource confirms destination bin - when actually drops the stock off. When it lies with resource, the WT is in status B - processing. I assume you do not use 2-step picking.

There are several ways how to determine the staging bin, the most easy is in definition of WPT (destination bin), which you can assign to your scrapping delivery type.

So I believe you just need to test the process to be clear with this.

Hope this helps.

Petr