cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Master data key deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Iam wroking on Bw7.3. I need to delete some master data of an info object.

Ex: 0Country :  It has a some bad data like 123,abc, xyx as country keys. Now I want to delete the three records with these three keys from the master data of 0Country.

The Country Info object is used in many Cubes and DSO's.

I tried the program RSDMDD_DELETE_BATCH by giving the filter data, but no luck.

Is there a sure way to delete the selective master data without deleting the transactional data. I tried through maintain master data, after deletion again the three records(keys) are showing up which are creating a big problem in loading master data to BPC.

Regards,

Nagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

0Country will not have those many number of records.

So simple delete master data which will keep the transaction data in tact and then do a full load to load all valid records in ECC. If those records do exist in ECC then put filter for not to accept such special records and make your BW master data with all valid entries.

Do not forget to activate the master data after full load.

Thank-You.

Regards,

VB

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another optionn could be to add a nav attribute to 0country and flag invalild country codes..

Have a nav attribute of zvalid and all valid counties will have a value of X and in the query include only countries with an X in it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have any transaction data with associated to your master data the you can't delete master data.

it will allow you to delete still the master data will be exist in the info objects level.

Sol: delete transaction data ....if you have small amount data which associated to your master data. then load master & transaction data.

Reagards,

Chandra.

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

use the program We can use report RSDMDD_DELETE_BATCH for selective deletion

refer the below document it will help.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member224398
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagar,

Right click-->Delete master data-->select in "Simulation Mode"

Check "perform the deletion in background"

Use search mode : All Usage of All Values

Thanks ,

Anurag Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Is it the same path to delete the specific master data record(Key) of an Infoobject as I mentioned in the example.

Thanks,

Nagar

former_member224398
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes...you can give a shot.. ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the same and its going to delete all the master data of the Infoobject. It is not going to delete specific data which I need to be deleted.

Thanks,

Nagar

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nagar,

If the Master data value is used in any cube - then it cannot be deleted - what this process will do is to delete all master data which is not used in transaction data.

The only things to be cognizant of is :

1. When you start deletion of master data - you cannot load data to any of the cubes or DSOs which use this infoobject.

2. If your master data deletion gets terminated for some reason - the master data object gets locked and the loads will start failing - there is a table entry that needs to be deleted in order for the data load to continue. I am trying to recollect the same ( it is something like RSDMD or something on those lines ) - you will have to delete this entry for data loads to proceed.