cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does application can be managed for unmanaged user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does application can be managed for unmanaged user, i.e. Can we push app specific configuration to application for unmanaged user.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

Hope the above reply to the discussion provided by me clear your queries. If you feel the question is answered, please tag it as "Answered" so that the customers with similar issue can look into the discussion for resolution.

Please respond.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushimitha,

To be precise I want to know following thing for Unmanaged user.

1.Once application is installed by Unmanaged user, can we push Application-Specific configuration?.For eg. In our case we want to push some URL to the application.

2.Can we push PER-APP VPN configuration to this application?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

Yes, you can push the specific configurations to the application. However, if you make any changes to the application in MS Portal after the installation of app by an unmanaged user, the same app should be re-installed by the user to get the modifications reflect on the app.

Hope this helps. Do let us know for any further queries.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

As discussed over the call, I believe all the issues have been resolved now. I would like to request you to mark this discussion as "Answered" and the reply provided by me with the solution to be marked as "Best Answer" so that the customers with similar issue will look into this thread for solution.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

Greetings!!

Once an application is pushed in the "Manage Apps" we have options at the end of the page to "Deploy to Managed Users only" or "Accessible to Unmanaged/Unauthenticated users". When we select the option "Accessible to Unmanaged/Unauthenticated users" it will include both Managed + Unmanaged users. We cannot select both the options.See the below screenshot:

However we cannot make use of "Accessible to unathenticated Users" unless the option is enabled in the Account ->Mobile Place settings. Please enable the option " Allow browsing of Apps in Unmanaged mode" in the Mobile Place settings. See the below screenshot:

Once this option is enabled, the unmanaged users can view all the apps in the Mobile Place and you can push the apps with the specific configurations to the unmanaged users by selecting the option shown in Screenshot-1.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha