cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro or JSPdynpages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a client requirment with 20,000 concurrent users hitting the EP 6.0 server. Need to know which is the best approach for developing the portal application between webdynpro and jspdynpages.

What will be the performance issues in both the cases, if any ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavaniharikrishnarao

both jspdynpages and webdynpros have there own advantages.

but,According to ur requirement,i recommend u go with webdynpros.

The main advantages of webdynpros are

u can reload particular components for Eg Table page of data when click of “Next” button.so,this reduces the load on ur server and increases performance. but where as in jspdynpages the whole page get reloaded.

The other added advantages of webdynpros are

1. Dynamic controls and reuseability

2. Strict separation of layout data and business data through use of the Model View Controller concept

3. Flicker-free screen construction.

4. Web Dynpro supports a structured design process

upto my knowledege,i fell tat webdynpros have better performance then jspdynpages.

Thanks

Ananth.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

See this

<a href="/people/guru.subramanianb/blog/2005/03/29/jspdynpage-vs-webdynpros Vs WebDynpros</a>

regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

great question, here is my answer.

1) WebDynpro if the connectivity for all users is good. If you use SAP ECC or R/3, webdynpro is your best bet. Again if there are not many client side validations to be performed then go ahead with WD. Reduce the Dynamic UIs in this case.

2) if the connectivity for the users to the server is dial up, then i suggest Light Weight Frame work (APC/JSP Dynpages). All would look fine as long as the calls to ECC or R/3 are not too many. Thanks.

reg

vln

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aln,

thank u for u r response ,let me explain in details requrment of process

client want to user SAP EP as portal for all users, based on the concurrent users which would be the best approach ,

we have only static pages to be displayed only few in dynamic pages, 20% users will use dial up connection

it would be best for me if you can explain in details about the use of jspdynpage or webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Just based on number of users, cant decide between two.

But based on my personal experience, I suggest to go with webdynpro.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Shiva