cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register product version dependencies in SolMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we use our Solution Manager for Project Management (Project Documentation+Test Management), Incident Management and Maintenance Functionality.

We have Non-SAP, SAP- Partner connected to our SAP Systems (=Managed Systems in Solution Manager). By the software providers we have known requirements for the SAP Product Versions (For example Software XY needs a SAP ERP 6 with EHP7).

Is there a possibility to picture these software in the Solution Manager with the Interfaces and dependencies+requirements, which they have to SAP Systems?

This would help, e.g. if we planning to Upgrade our ERP System. For example SAP does this with the SAP Components in "Landscape Verification" in LMDB but I don't see any possibility to manually deposit own software dependencies.

Thanks for help and information. Best Regards

Tobias Maurer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

Not sure if I got the question right. Why do you want to add dependencies manually? To me this seems like a tough thing to do because how will you know what targets are compatible?

SAP cannot (I hope yet) calculate very complex landscapes where many components are interconnected, unfortunately. In those cases, I would recommend testing the upgrade in a sandbox landscape to really see the impact.

These are some of the tools SAP provides to help you with SAP upgrades when it comes to software / version dependencies:

LMDB, Maintenance Optimizer (now you can look at Maintenance Planner) Maintenance Tools: Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Optimizer - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

LMDB systems can have landscape patterns (hub, sidecar) that influence target software package calculation as well. This can be visualized so you can see what is connected to what but like I mentioned before, in a limited fashion.

UDA (Upgrade Dependency Analyzer) https://service.sap.com/uda

SEA (Scope and Effort Analyzer) in SAP Solution Manager

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

thanks for the helpful information. For your questions let me face an example:

We use a SAP Partner Software which only supportes SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 6. This is a seperated software with an interface to SAP. So we know it will not be supported/ working with EHP7. And we want to document this information in SolMan. Any ideas where we can document this, maybe also with documentations and contanct persons from the software producer?

Regards

Tobias

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

Ok, got it now .

What exists are custom attributes that you can define within LMDB so you could insert all kinds of information yourself.

Having other tools (like maintenance planner) take dependencies into account is a whole different story and would most likely require communication between SAP and the 3rd party software vendor to define the dependencies and have them available.

If the integration isn't done through those then it's highly likely that it isn't foreseen right now. The source for LMDB data is SLD data so it might be possible to create your own CIM entries in SLD to create these "components" yourself and have dependencies defined but I would guess this wouldn't be documented (to start with) and would take a lot of time to define (create for scratch) so it's probably not even a good idea to try.

Perhaps someone from SAP can chime in, for example

Best regards

Tom

Answers (0)