cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ABAP Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have enrolled myself for SAP eAcademy with an eye on SAP ABAP certification.

With regard to this SAP Education has enrolled me into SAP Netweaver ABAP 7.31 with the course ending certification titled C_TAW12_731.

As far as my knowledge goes the latest SAP Netweaver release is 7.40 and SAP is already offering the course ending certification called C_TAW12_740.

Now to understand the training and certification process, i need the help of the forum in answering my few doubts.

1.     Is C_TAW12_740 available only for class room trained associates and not for students paying huge money under eLearing?

2.     If it is only available class room trainees, how will I who have got enrolled for C_TAW12_731 get upgraded into the changes of the latest additions of SAP netweaver 7.4 which I believe is the one supporting SAP HANA.

3.     Please help me understanding the basic difference between SAP Certified Development Associate 7.31 and SAP Certified Developement Associate 7.40 with career prospective.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fear not Vivek - if you learn enough to pass 731, you will almost certainly also pass the 7.4 exam..

(I can't say for certain, because I don't know anyone who has sat the 7.4 exam. But all other ABAP exam versions have been very similar).

The only extra work you might need to do, is to acquaint yourself with all the new ABAP features in 7.4.

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

I fail to understand why SAP is providing two different ABAP associate level certifications parallel.

Need to understand the logic.?

If you can elloborate on the differences as I have joined SAP eAcademy and SAP Education has enrolled me for SAP Netweaver 7,31 related course, and my dilema is why should i pay to learn a old release when the new one is readily available.

Have wriiten to SAP Education as well, still awaiting their response.

would appreciate if boarders can help with this.

Regards,

Vivek

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

It's simple - not everyone has access to a an ABAP 7.4 system (yet), so SAP gives you a choice.

You should go for 7.4 certification if you can arrange it,

cheers

Paul