cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I have created one inspection type Z01 for GR for Purchase Order and assigned the same to Material Master Quality View.All Config related to inspection type has been done.I have created one Purchase Order for the Material and while doing the GR i found that Stock Type in Where Tab in MIGO is showing Unrestricted Use instead of Quality Inspection and when i changed it to Quality Inspection trying to Post the MIGO system is showing Error "Change the inspection stock of Material XXXXX in QM only.

Kindly guide me how to resolve the issue so that i will get Stock Type in MIGO Quality Inspection.

With Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have to you ticked on preferred inspection type in material master? You mentioned that you customized new inspection type under 01 lot origin. When you customize any new inspection type you always have to tick on preferred inspection type if you expect the lot generation against that inspection type.

Anand

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand. Preferred need to be ticked on only when you are using the two inspection types of same origin. In that case, the one with variant 1 will be considered for creating inspection lots. In case, you need to create inspection lot for the inspection type with any variant other than 1, preferred need to be activated. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

In this case, what seems wrong to me is that the customised inspection type is not assigned to inspection lot origin. Pl confirm this

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

When i am ticking Preferred Inspection Type Inspection Lot is getting created.

Is that standard SAP behavior for Z inspection types.??

With Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes! But like Nitin said you need to tick on preferred check box if you have activated 2 inspection types of the same origin. Under such situation system does not understand with which inspection type the lot should be created. Hence it (preferred inspection type tick) and variant have the importance here in deciding this. In your case may be inspection type 01 and Z01 both are active.

I think now the solution is much clear as the lot is also getting generated. You can proceed with ticking on preferred inspection type or deactivating unwanted 01 inspection type.

Anand

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP PP,

That means, in QCC0 - quality inspection - lot creation - Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types, you have 2 lots for one inspection type.

System will automatically select Variant 01 to create lot. Your Z inspection type is set as Variant 02 which is why you have to tick "Preferred inspection" checkbox in material master.

As there are multiple types and you want the variant 02, you need to ticket pref inspection to create lots.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am using only Z01 Inspection Type and there is no other inspection type in material master.

Is this std. behavior to tick preferred inspection type in case of single inspection type to get inspection lot created at MIGO.

With Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prem,

Thanks for your valuable input.Closing the thread.

With Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1. For GR which is the Movement Type you are using. Is it 101. Check the setting in OMJJ no Tick mark for the same movement type under QM not active in folder Deactivate QM Inspection.

2. Ensure Post to Inspection Stock is active for the same Inspection Type

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check if there are any inconsistencies with report ZQEVAC20 from note 48815?

Natália

Gopinath_Ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Is this Purchase order created before activating the QM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gobinath,

Fresh PO is created.

With Regards

Gopinath_Ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe very silly answer, Is Post to insp stock is marked in Material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gobinath,

Yes.

With Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one help on the above mentioned issue.

With Regards

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems your new inspection type is not assigned to movement type / inspection origin. Just for testing, can you activate 01 for the same material and try same scenario? If that works, you can confirm the setting issue.

Thanks

Prem