cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap sd how to understand fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all i am new to sap sd i just want to understand how to understand which field is associated to whom

for example in sales document there are different sales document like OR,QT ,CS etc..............which allows sales document to show different screens (means it controls based on header ,item and schedule line) but how it effects different tabs  please help me i am not able to understand and logic for all background settings required for processing any sales order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP is business application. Therefore we must first understand from business process perspective.

Understanding data element structure.

You will understand table structure and all over period of time.

Dilip Sadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju , If you get dount on any configuration then go to SPRO and try to open the document at pertuculer configutaion . you can see the perpous of the configuration . and in this case i fell you try to understand more and do practice well . in mean time if you get any doubt please google it you can get it the relevent answers Regards venkata rami reddy konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

to start with basics

1. you should be know the controls in document types, item categories and schedule line categories.

2.document type is one of the parameter in  item category determination . Also know about other parameters used in item category determination.

3. item category is one of the parameter in schedule line category determination.

4. requirement type and requirement class.

requirement class will transfer the requirements of a sales doc to MRP( Material Requirement Planning)

requirement type will help in determination of requirement class.

special stock indicator in requirement class and its purpose.

5. Prerequisites for transfering sales order requirement to MRP.

6. Prerequistes for availability check.

7. Delivery types and controls

8. Delivery item categories, controls and determination

9. Billing types and controls

10. Delivery scheduling(backward scheduling and forward scheduling)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you mentioned that you are new to SD, as a first stage, try to learn the basic SD process rather concentrating on why screens are showing differently.  At one point of time, you yourself will come know why SAP has given different screens.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir thank you..  how ever i not that much new but practicing since 2 months

but my actual question is to understand basic fields and it effects other tabs for example how

Business area

business area is determined by three rules

1.Plant and Item division

2.Sales area

3.Sales org, dist channel and item division

pls select rule 1

we have to perform above steps like wise

for ATP ,APO and account management etc plz help how to understand these fields ,logic and background and effects

Former Member
0 Kudos

D,

You would be wise to heed the advice of expert Lakshmipathi

Learn the concepts first, worry about details later.

As always, your first reference should be help.sap.com. Try this link to start.

Sales (SD-SLS) - SAP Library

SAP Sales is a huge topic for someone new.  Many of us have benefited from taking classes.  Check out the classes found in this curriculum:

https://training.sap.com/in/en/curriculum/ss_som-sales-order-management-g-en

Best Regards,

DB49