Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Cant see available tracks for adding a SC

Dear all,

I would like to add another SC (KMC-BC) to one of the tracks of our customer. To be able to do that I navigated to CMS of the NWDI, but unfortunately Im not able to see any of 3 tracks configured by the customer and usable through NWDS.

To able to add an component to a track, I need to jump to the Transport Studio, marked on the screenshot. This is probably not possible, if no of the configured tracks are visible. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks you in advance,

cheers

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Lawrence,

I would like to elaborate...

... But a colleague of my needs several classes out of this SC resp included DC's, so we cant avoid the use of KMC-BC ...

When the SCA is delivered without SOURCE archives you might not make changes in the DCs. This is the case with KMC-BC. Only libraries (build archives) are delivered.

You might easily check this. (please copy KMC-BC SCA and change the .sca to .zip. After that you might "explore" what the SCA contains as archives. You will not see SOURCE archives.) This means that when you declare this KMC-BC as 'To Be Developed' it will be imported in the NWDS with 'yellow' and of course there will be nothing because there are no source files (only deployed archives and/or compiled, build libraries).

So if you need particular DCs form KMC-BC, then you will not be able to have them. SAP just does not provide them (due to is not open-sourced SC). I am affraid you will have to define KMC-BC in order to use its functionality.

I have done so already while taking the SC in, it doesnt solve the problem of missing dependencies:

When a SCA is delivered without SOURCE archives you might not make changes in the DCs.

Firstly, a dependency between KMC-BC and other SC has to be defined in SLD. This is not different from what has been explained before.

You need to open SLD > browse to the Software Component > select tab Dependecies > in Context: Build Time > press button "Define Prerequisite Software Component Versions" > define correct KMC-BC version. All this is in SLD. The guide about CM Services does not include this because it assumes all the configuration of the dependencies is done already in SLD.

Now comes the part of the CM Services. When the SC has dependency to KMC-BC then please go the CM Services > select Development Configuration > select tab Software Component Definition > press Check SCs. This will trigger update of the defined SC dependencies for this SC between SLD <> CM Services. It has to be seen something similar to

This is due to SCs which have been 'newly' defined in SLD are not in the "older" version of the SC dependencies in CM Services. So you will have to go through this steps in order to be able to use the KMC-BC functionalies.

Once the configuration is done in SLD & CM Services, only then, you might import again the track in the NWDS. KMC-BC should be there and should be 'blue'.

If you need some more clarifications & directions, please let me know.

Regards

Milen

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question