Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-activate SAP0

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we are using an external provider to determine the distance and Duration. However, when we have a Connection Problem, the System automatically uses SAP0 to determine the geocoordinates. We do not want that. We would rather have no geo-coordinates then wrong geo-coordinates and we do not want the System to overwrite correct geo-coordinates with wrogn ones just because te Connection is interrupted. This is not set up in customizing. How can we change the method to look only for the geocoder distance and never fallback to SAP0? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance. Correct answers will be rewarded quickly.

Regards

Petra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

did you manage to de-activate SAP0? I think it is not possible using the standard customizing settings as the SCMB GIS integration framwork used by TM is setting this as fallback when the assigned GeoCoder does not return coordinates for a request. The NetWeaver GeoCoding customizing is not considered here. For the geeks: /SCMB/CL_GEOCODING_CONTROLLER->EXECUTE_DETERMINATION.

Are you talking about the user maintaining a location in the master data transaction, which overwrites the previous (correct) coordinates with SAP0 in case of GeoCoder connection issues?

I have just enhanced report /SAPAPO/MASS_GEOCODE_LOC with note 2218006. This allows a better selection of locations having SAP0 and triggering a re-calculation after the connection issues are solved. Maybe this helps.

Regards,

Marcus

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marcus,

thx for your reply. No, we have not managed to delete SAP0. We have decided NOT to run the report any more and we have deleted regional and Country geo-coordinates, so that we see if the values are overwritten. Thus, your enhancement to the Report will help us. Thanks a lot.

Petra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Petra,

Could you check the RFC in you system?

Table: GEOCD2CLS

After that check Geo-Coder Maintenance.

Table: GEOCODERS

If in you country has the correct Source.

Than check if the correct source have the correct RFC assigned.

If you are using standard "Container" check if you source have the correct fields assigned to it:

Table: GEOCDRLFLD

If you are using PI to connect the external Geocoder system, please check the connection to the geocoder.

Let me know if this help you.

Kind regards,

Vicente Picardi

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vicente,

thx for your help. These are the Standard customizing transactions (within tables). I will mark your answer as helpful since they are correct and it can help someone else to check their geosystem settings. But, I was trying to de-activate the SAP0 geosystem which comes up even though it is NOT assigned in table GEOCODERS.

Regards

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Petra,

I really sorry about it, but in my case it works. I created a Z and set in the place of SAP0, I change the RFC destination to my Z RFC( I'm using PI to connect to service provider).

I want to suggest to check:

To check when you call the update of coordinates, the parameter SRCID is the reference of SAP0 or Z that you creates. And the RFC was called to update the coordinates is set using this parameter.

This situation only work if I use the class CL_GEOCODER_GENERIC_RFC in GEOCODERS with source my Z and in that case SAP0 is not called. If I use class CL_GEOCODER_SAP0 only SAP0 was called.

I don't know if will help you. But in my case it works for me.

Kind regards,

Vicente Picardi

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vicente,

thank you. We will check that.

Regards

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

What Geocoder have you maintained for the required country in SAP Netweaver>Gnl Settings>Set Geocoding...Is it marked Exclusive?

BR

narender

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its happening only when there is a connection problem with your external geocoding service provider, perhaps SAP0 is not set as exclusive. The way it works is- if several geo coding programs are assigned, then in sequence column the smallest one is called first. If an 'Excl' check is maintained the system doesn't look any further and uses this program.

In this case you might want to just remove SAP0 from configuration...

Let us know if it doesn't help.

BR

narender

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Narender,

it is not that. I have marked it as exclusive and have maintained only the geocoder PTV in the customizing with the respective class and method. We have copied the Standard class. I guess it must go somewhere always back to SAP0. I really do not want that. It is better to have no geo-coordinates rather than the wrong ones. If the ego-coordinates are 0, then People become Aware taht they have to work on the address. But, if the geo-coordinates are based on Region or Country Level, then you do not realize that the distance will be wrong. Has someone copied the Standard coding and adapted it, so that it never falls back to SAP0 or is this Standard coding somewhere that cannot be changed?

Thanks for your help

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

I checked in some old TM (8.0) docs and at one place it says.. "Before external geo-coding functions can be used, at least one geo-coder service must be registered in the system..."

It appears that there is no getting away from SAP0 (or IGS).

You could-

1- Either raise an OSS incident or,

2- Since it is a cross client table (i.e. registration of geo coding programs), you might want to try getting authorization S_TABU_CLI and delete SAP0 entry- if at all system allows that !. 

BR

narender

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Narender,

thx for your answer. There is one geocoder in the system. We have connected Google and we marked it as exclusive. But, we still had situations where SAP0 was coming up. Since your answer is not incorrect, I will aslo mark it as helpful.

Regards

Petra