cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST Api V2 Approvals and OData Service on NW Gateway

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ihave 2 questeions:

1. We have successfully deployed the IDM UI5 Standard masks. Editing users works fine, but we do not see any approvals.

Also when we try to get the approvals for the logged-in Person via html get Request we get no results.

For our Role request we are using custom request objects and are using approval mode 7.1.

Is it possible to get the open approvals for one person with this configuration in REST Api v2?

2. Did someone try to set the IDM OData Service as source Odata on a Netweaver Gateway, in order to make approvals on a ui5 App on the gateway?

This would be a nice way to integrate a small custom UI5 app in Fiori...

BR,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

1) Basic Approvals should also be displayed, but I can only tell for the new approval mechanism. I never tried with the old approval mechanism.

2) No. The integration with the Portal Inbox workes, but this is not done via REST.

The approval part of the REST API is designed to reuse some TaskProcessing functionality, but I doubt that this will work when configured as source for Gateway. But you never know.

Regards, Jannis

0 Kudos

Hi Jannis,

for 1) So we can only find out, if we change the approval mechanism to 7.2 and if we see something, then this would be the reason...

for 2) So the only way would be to go over a uwl connector to a portal and then to the gateway, for example to use the standard "my inbox app" in Fiori...

Other remaining scenario would be to call via rest directly the IDM in a custom ui5 app, right?

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

I would do 1) only on a sandbox system or a system easy to rollback the database, as this might be a one way (even if it is documented that you can redo the change). Also switch to the new approval enhancements in the MMC.

With switching to the new approval mechanism, basic (custom) approvals look not the same in the Todo tab as in 7.1, and you might loose some functionality. So please first test...

2) if you are able to connect Portal UWL to Fiori, try this. If not, try the change in 1) and try 😉

Br, Jannis