cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One to one relationship between records while entering in MDM data manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Example Scenario::

I have created <b>Employee details</b>(main table) and<b> Salary</b> (look up flat table for employee number filed in main table) . Tried to get the corresponding employee's gross salary from <b>salary</b> table to <b>employee Details</b> table basing on <b>Employee number</b> field in Employee Details table as <b>Gross salary</b> and <b>Employee number</b> are common fields for both the tables. But i could not get one to one relationship in this case , Please explain how to achieve?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To get gross salary of each Employee , you must be looking into main table .

Each single employee will be created in main table and will be related to salary table .

Hope this helps ,

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the same but i want to get the <b>single</b> gross salary value get populated for the <b>corresponding</b> employee number <b>from the salary table to employee details</b> table as of now i am getting multiple values in the gross salary field of Employee details.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems you have 1 main table and 2 diff tabels <b>salary</b> and <b>employee details</b> details connected to main table . Is it correct ?

Make salary also a lookup-field in your employee details table and remember to fill it by map .

Is it possible for you to share your design of all these 3 tables and how you filling them .

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Employee Details (Main Table)

EmpNo(Look up field) EmpNa GrossSal(Look up field)

Salary Details (Look Flat Table)

Empno Basic Sal GrossSal

012 5000 10000

013 4000 8000

I have created two tables with the above fields. In main table i kept two look up fields to Salary Details table. First i have entered data to salary table as above , now when i am trying to enter data in to main table EmpNo as 012 it should show Gross salary as 10000 automatically as per the corresponding EmpNo. Instead it is showing all the Grosssal values of Salary table.