cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Server for BIP - Performance ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to understand if today we have a requirement of webi report with many visual components and data source is Unx based on oracle db and client has Lumira license. Then,

• Would it make sense to propose development on Lumira Desktop and avail Lumira Server for BI Platform for maintenance and consumption ?
  • Will it have any performance edge over standard webi report in case each component comes from different queries ?
  • How good is Lumira dashboard performance if it is not on HANA in comparison to WebI reports and if data volume is in millions?

Thanks & Regards,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debajyoti,

To put a light to your questions.

1. Lumira Client is rich and you can build Visual Dashboard better than what you can do in WebI. So in that aspect, Lumira would be a solution to consider.

2. Lumira runs on Separate in-memory engine called Velocity which is packed along with your BI Platform addon. Velocity runs and process the necessary things for the Viz. On that note, we have noted Velocity takes up resources so you have to size the server or have split it to separate server for faster processing.

3. Lumira on HANA Server is indeed faster, as it makes use of HANA's raw power to power up Lumira. But good sizing of server in BI platform would get you results near to what WebI can offer you.

Hope this helps

Wishes

Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

These are very difficult questions to answer as they depend on a number of variables - from data to Lumira story complexity to hardware. Best I can recommend is to have a peek at this document:

and then see what the performance is like with some sample Lumira docs you create.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter