Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM planning to restrict Planned STR's based on Maximum Quantity

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know using CTM planning engine to restrict/constraint planned STR from DC based on predefined limit (e.g Maximum Quantity).

Any demand lower than or equal to (< or 😃 maximum quantity should create planned STR's using CTM at the Plant location.

I have tried with location-product lot-sizes, t-lane lot-size, rounding value etc., but none of these settings were working for this requirements.

Any help/suggestion from this community is great.

Regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Since i didn't get any response for the question i have raised earlier regarding the CTM planning for planned STR's. It looks like the standard CTM planning is not going to support, restriction of planned STR based on maximum quantity limit for planning demands from DC's. Can we assume now this cannot be done with standard CTM?

If this is the case, can we accomplish this requirement using BadI or User-exit for CTM planning engine?

Please share your experience or suggestion, if you have worked on such requirements. Thank you.

Regards

PK

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

All experts/gurus....Please share your ideas or comments if you worked on above listed requirement in the past using CTM planing engine.

Thanks & Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

PK,

Implied in your question is that demands that exceed maximum quantity should do 'something else'.  What is that 'something else' that you desire?  No solve?  Solve for max quantity only? Delayed solve?  Delayed solve for the balance? Different sourcing?  None of the above?

Best Regards,

DB49

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for your response.

I would like to know if CTM planning is possible with DC demands for the following cases

1. Solve for Maximum quantity only (do not plan for the balance)

and/or

2. Delayed solve for the balance

Regards

PK