cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with index aware prompt (4.1 SP4)

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to detail an strange situation we are suffering since we moved to 4.1 SP4 (coming from SP2) with regards of use of includes index aware.

Scenario:

1) A List of values (based on business layer objects) that contains an object dimension (string type) with an associated key (numeric type) (e.g LOV1)

2) A prompt based on previous LOV of values (LOV1). Index aware prompt check is enabled. Data type is set to numeric (as the value coming from LOV is the index -numeric- not the object itself -an string-)

This situation worked fine since 4.0 release when we started to use IDT. After applying 4.1 SP4 we have noticed that in that case when you try to open the list of values associated to the prompt (see idt-1 file).

The only way to retrieve the list of values properly is to change the data type of the prompt to String (see idt-2 file). Therefore the associated LOV appears again. Unfortunately this workaround generates therefore following message during check integrity process

the data type of the parameter WBS Full ? is different form the data type of the LOV column

I completely agree with IDT. The data type of parameter should be numeric (nor string). But how avoid the error and be able to see the list associated at the same time? It is impossible? Has someone suffered this behaviour.

Thanks,

Alfons

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

We have using BO 4.1 Sp3 . We found such behavior in IDT while doing Integrity check because we have create few custome objects in the IDT for date/time object and converted object qualification date to string. we got warning message "Business object 'Date for \Yesterday' returns an incorrect data type."   However I ignore that warning in the IDT since i know that "Parsing"   is works successfully.I am still looking for how we can have overcome such kind of warning from IDT- Integrity check results .