cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data copy to APO Planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a KF which doesn't have backup in APO of previous months, but the same is available in BI cube.

I need to copy those values for past 2 period in the KF which is available in  BI Backup cube ?

Is it ok to take the dump of KF for those 1 periods and load it as a FF in APO unused cube or is there any other way ?

I may not have all CVC's which were there when data back up was done and ofcourse new CVC were created in mean while.

What is the easiest way to load the BI back up values to PB for existing CVC's ?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is the BI cube not the same for backup? Or is it being used for something else and you have separate cube for backup.

Though, to copy the data from cube to planning area you need to use /SAPAPO/TSCUBE. In this you need to select:

• Cube from where data would be copied.
  • Target planning area along with version.
  • Period for which you want to copy data.
  • Choose selection condition (optional if you want to restrict it for specific CVCs)
  • Grouping condition that at which level it will be copied
  • Key figure assignment (don't select add data)
  • Characteristic assignment (that is mapping of cube characters to PA characters)

This will copy data for those CVCs which are available in MPOS. Foe non-existing you can create CVCs, load data to PA and take backup. Finally delete these unwanted CVCs.

If this already answered your question follow else raise your concern.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need values for a KF backup taken in March and April. IN APO back up is taken monthly once consensus forecast is released, Du to some issue, for a KF values were changed for APR,MAY. Now I need to take back up from April and May backups which are stored in BI CUbe as APO cube will have only latest backup of PA. Currently I have the data of APril n May backup taken in those months in flat file given by BI team..

I have a cube in APO which we don't use any more.Is is a best way to make flat file development for APO Cube and load the data after validating flat file cvc and APO cvc or any other easy way to work around ?

TIA

0 Kudos

What you have detailed out is the best and easiest method. If you are missing CVC go ahead and create them before copying the data over.

Hope it helps.

Answers (0)