Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different ways to create procedures

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I used to create procedures inside modeler perspective and then I remember Thomas Jung saying I should only be doing hdb procedures in HANA Developer Perspective which is primarily what I do now.  But I'm recently training some of our ABAP team how to model and write procedures and I'm just now researching how they can possibly consume these views and procedures from SAP ABAP. 

I'm following this great series of blogs by Shahid Mohammed Syed

My question is whether it's ok for me to create procedures via modeler perspective which looks a lot like a typical script based calculation view with output pane or can I also use HDB procedures using HANA developer perspective and can those also be called by ABAP.  I'm putting this in this topic area trying to catch Thomas attention.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Personally if my focus was only ABAP consumption of the stored procedures, I'd use AMDP - ABAP Managed Database Procedures. This way you write your SQLScript Procedures directly from within ABAP class methods.

ABAP Keyword Documentation

But more directly to your original question of procedure proxies. Procedure proxies do work with repository procedures - but only the older .procedure format. They stopped investing when AMDP came along (more reason to recommend that) and never updated the proxies to use .hdbprocedure.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Awesome, great information and thanks for quick response.  Let me just digest this all and get back soon.

-Patrick

Answers (0)