cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the 30 Day CAL Trial - which AMI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I am setting up the 30 day CAL trial on AWS and haven't been able to find which AMI would be ideal? Windows or any of the Linux derivates?

This is for 'SAP hybris Marketing and SAP CRM RDS V2'.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

At the end, i found a way to create an AMI from my current instance -> fine. Then, i got informed that AWS is not supporting Spot instance for this kind of AMI .... Great solution provider !

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath

i think i have the same pb as "former member". As the ressource avaibility is not guarantee, i'm currently stucked because i cann't restart my instances. In this case, it seems the option is to ask AWS for a "spot avaibility" which is made using AMI qualification ... As SAP didn't use AWS default templates, i'm requested to provide "AMI details" .... Thanks for any kind of help..

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

I setup a yMKT 30 day free trial in amazon (as explained in this blog)  but didn't need to provide any AMI.  While creating the instance you can choose the type of instance from Cloud Application Library(CAL) itself so the selection of AMI is optional or not even necessary in my opinion. 

Following screenshot from CAL shows where you can select your VM sizes (default values are the recommended sizes) and the larger VM sizes you opt for, the more money it is going to cost you

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

-Bharath