cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP PI 7.30 support web services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Is there anyone have knowledge on if SAP PI 7.30 support web services?

Thanks in advance

Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Venkat for your response and all the links. I will take a look at them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below link has steps to implement by taking an use case.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat, thanks again for the link.

Anyway you know if SAP PI 7.30 support REST webservices?

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you want to use sap standered adapter, your PI server would be upgraded to 7.31 SP14/7.4 SP09

but i suggest you to get full feature go for7.31SP16/7.4SP11..below are the blogs how to bulid the interfaces

if you want to use the 3rd party adapter (cost)...below is the info

https://www.advantco.com/product/REST

Please let us know if you have doubts or else close the thread.

BR,

Maheswarareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The client I am working with is using SAP PI 7.30, and the client has no intention to upgrade the PI 7.30 to any higher version, so in this circumstances, is it still possible to use REST webserives with SAP PI 7.30?

Thanks agin

Blue

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://www.advantco.com/product/REST

as i said in previous post, you can go for 3rd party adapter to achieve rest web services.

above is the link

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

My few cents, as PI is in SOA architecture support service regisry () with this tool you can publish your PI webservice to be consumed to third parties.

Another way to work with Rest connectivity is to install in ABAP stack SAP Netweaver Gateway (you can install the addon on the ECC as well), this addon doesn't imply a extra license. Check this document for more information

Regards.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Blue,

i wonder why this question raised, as far i know all versions of SAP PI would be support Web services.

you can check in google how to configure for web service with SAP PI, and if you stuck some where else you can get back.

BR,

Maheswarareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

Thanks for your response.

We are leveraging sulotions for our project between PI and other technologies, and we have SAP PI 7.30 in the landscape, just not sure if 7.30 will support the Web Services or not, and we need use Web Services in our solution.