cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting period for transfer to accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry for having to start this discussion, this being the second best option of getting an answer from the ppl with experience in Travel Management module; of course, after checking the manual. I need to find an answer quite fast to an issue we've had recently. I somehow understood that travel expenses are governed by payroll period but for them to be transferred to FI only the posting period in OB52 has to be opened, am I wrong? We are now wondering, how can we prevent transferring to accounting based on the payroll period instead of the posting period.

Ex. Payroll period 06 is closed

Posting period 06 si still open

Travel expenses have been transferred to accounting in period 6 but we should prevent that from happening.

Thank you in advance and I accept any constructive remarks/replies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, than you have to close posting period. Or change the posting report settings!

If you pay out via employee vendor accounts and do not have any payroll integration the payroll period is only a "technical must have". It does not matter for finance posting at all. It needs only be there.

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, there's no way I can prevent that? The posting period is still open for financial adjustments, during the closing period. But the expenses do not have to be booked into FI during the closing. That means that I will have to ask for a validation on the RPRFIN00_40 program and see if there's a way to link it to the General trip data settings in PRFI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can just not run the posting until you have done your closing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have proposed that but a technical solution so that the users won't process by mistake would be better. The transfer took place during last closing and after it was finished, they noticed they have done it wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I don't know how to prevent this by technical solution.

Best is to give only one or two person access to the posting run.

For sure a lot of functions are in the system which you will not be able to prevent errors!

Answers (0)