Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels are not adapting in ENGLISH while extending a Fiori App

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to EXTEND a Fiori app using SAP Web IDE where i want to CHANGE highlighted label using English language file.

In the extension project, i have created a new EXTENSION (i18n Resource Text Customization) and when i open 'i18n_en.properties' file, i dont see EXISTING LABELS DETAILS as they are displayed in above screenshots. (looks like when i open this file, its not adapting labels for English)

I go ahead , find the required LABEL info and update it

When i run index.html to preview it, this required label info gets updated but others convert into some other language.

any inputs for 2nd and last screenshots?

CC:

Regards,

JK

former_member5334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP expert

I have the same issue. In extension project manifest(webide) section config added. Folder i18n copied from source project, but it doesn't work. Texts loaded from source project, but not from extension project folder.

Maybe someone resolve that issue?

Why is the incorrect template in Webide ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Any help experts?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JK

Discussion successfully moved from SAP Fiori to SAPUI5 Developer Center as I think it may get more technical eyes on it since WebIDE and SAPUI5 both reside there.  It may turn out to be a bug in WebIDE, but will leave that determination up to the experts.  If you do not get a successful solution, I think that will have to be your next step.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jitendra,

This is strange. But not sure you followed the right approach.

->When you extend a Fiori app, i18 folder and files are not created. Did you manually copy them here to the extension?

->In your extension app, you should have i18 files with only new/changed texts. UI5 runtime merges parent and extension files at runtime.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you extend a Fiori app, i18 folder and files are not created. Did you manually copy them here to the extension?

I didnt copy any i18n folder in the project, since i wanted to change LABEL names so i created an EXTENSION (i18n Resource Text Customization) and tried modified i18n_en.properties file

What is right approach to extend an Fiori App (particularly if i want to change LABELS lets say)?

Regards,

JK

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not used 'i18n Resource Text Customization', but this is how I did it.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see the documentation and it says that ''i18n Resource Text Customization', copies i18n folder from parent file. So your approach seems good.

It might be a bug. Can you check in developer tools and find out which i18n file gets downloaded?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When i create a new EXTENSION, i get below network message in DEVELOPER TOOLS

CONSOLE:

(i couldn't find 'validateOnSelection' method)

I am modifying i18n_en.properties file but when i look at component.js, its pointing  to i18n

Any more clues?

Regards,

JK