Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites For XSLT and JAVA Mappings

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to XSLT and JAVA Mappings.

Any one could you please let me know the prerequisites for XSLT and JAVA mappings.

I mean what are the soft wares needed for mappings?

and

What are the starting steps in which way we need to go further?

Thanks In Advance,

Vishnu Pallamreddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

The preference of the type of mapping we need to use depends on the complexity/requirement metrics during interface development. Normally, graphical mapping is the one which we go for in the first place. If we can not handle here, then we go for either of XSLT or Java mapping as our colleagues said in the above relpies.

For developing java mappings, we need to use NWDS tool.

For XSLT, there are tools available like stylus studio etc., but even we can write it in a notepad and using online tools we can test the XSLT functionality by providing sample source message before using in PI.

XSLT:

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/beginners-guide-to-xslt-mapping-in-sap-pi/769/

XSLT Tutorial

Java Mapping:

Beginners guide to Java mapping using DOM parser in SAP XI - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

SAPTechnical.COM - Understanding Java Mapping concepts

XI/PI: Java Mapping Demystified

Regards

Vishnu

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You All,

But need to know the functionality screen by screen using XSLT_TOOlL transaction.

Any one Could you please help me on XSLT_TOOlL transaction.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Pallamreddy.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thank You,

But I am unable to open those links, They shows Unable to open. You also getting same r myself only.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

This is the standard tool for doing ABAP-XSLT mappings for PI.You can see this option available in operation mapping provided if you add below entry in exchange profile.

IntegrationBuilder ->IntegrationBuilder.Repository -> com.sap.aii.repository.mapping.additionaltypes       R3_ABAP|Abapclass;R3_XSLT|XSL

Generally for writing XSLT code ,we don't prefer this many good tools available in online .I would recommend to use external tool and generate the xslt code .

Regards

Venkat

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please find the attachment.

After that screen shot what i have to do?

Where i have to upload my source structure and how can i generate target?

So there I need to start coding manually?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

At the same time How to use XSLT_TOOL in SAP PI dual stack?

How to import structures?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just search for Java mapping and xslt mapping..

You'll find many blogs explaining the same.

Redirecting...

Redirecting...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go through below link for usage of XSLT_TOOL .

Regards

Venkat

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

In which situations we are going to XSLT?

I understood like this: if it is wrong please correct me...

If we have only source structure then we go for XSLT right?

If it is Correct:  Then we need to import our source structure to XSLT_TOOL transaction right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give first preference to Graphical mapping .If you couldn't able to achieve the requirement using graphical mapping then go for either JAVA or XSLT mapping.

XSLT is simpler than java mapping and easier. But, it has its drawbacks.  XSLT can lead to a bad performance if the Source XML is huge (requires more memory than mapping classes generated in Java. So should be avoided when parsing very large source XML documents).Go for this when output is other than XML like text, html or xhtml .

Java mapping is robust,you will have enormous API support .Go for this when your requirement is like you need to handle complex error handling and source payload is huge.

Regards

Venkat

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>In which situations we are going to XSLT?

This is useful in certain cases where in you want to construct SOAP envelop and sort the entire payload based on a field value etc.

In those XSLT is preferred approach compare to graphical mapping/ Java mapping as it doesn't require much effort.

>>If we have only source structure then we go for XSLT right?

There is no specific requirement which is possible only using XSLT. You'll always have some kind of target structure right? If not then you don't even need any mapping.

If the target structure/XML is not a valid and is not possible define in PI or has to be generated dynamically that is when either you go for Java / XSLT mappings.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I need more clarification on XSLT_TOOL Transaction...

How we work in That transaction?

Actually My sandbox system is down. I am unable to practice that one.

In that transaction we have 2 options like simple transformation and XSLT program Right?

Could you please elaborate those things and If possible share the screen shots.

What are the next steps there?

If I have source and receiver data types then how to import or export those structures into  XSLT_TOOL transaction.

Mean while I will practice If my sandbox is up...

Thanks In Advance,

Vishnu Pallamreddy.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I usually do in my own machine the XSD's schemas and the XSLT mapping with free tools like:

XSD

Free XML Editor

XSLT:

XSLT Transformation - Online Toolz

Later, when you have your PI up you can import the XSD and XSLT without any problem.

Regards.