Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports to production - project implementation

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

This is my scenario, did a backup of our Production system yesterday at 08:00 am. At 12:05 pm (noon) a junior consultant imported transports which should not have been imported as they are out of sequence.

I did a restore of the database and now in stms you do not see the transports in the import history at all as I have restored to the 08:00am backup.

However in the import queue for production the out of sequence transports still show as imported. I did not do OS restore as it is a clean newly installed system. I think the transport buffer contains these entries e.g.

SID       System SID

Selection for Import                    24.04.2015 09:42:18    (0) Successfully Completed

100 Selection for Import                     15.07.2015 12:09:16    (0) Successfully Completed

100 Import                                        15.07.2015 12:09:57    (0) Successfully Completed

Check Versions                            15.07.2015 12:10:00    (0) Successfully Completed

Import steps not specific to transport request

According to me the changes made with imported transports is reverted with the database restore which precedes the import time.

However the OS buffer still reflects these as imported how do I delete these add them in same sequence to show as not imported yet?

Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

If it's a relatively small number of transports and you know what the proper sequence should be, which seems likely since it's only a matter of four hours that you need to "recreate," then you can simply re-add the transports to the production import queue via STMS, in the correct order.

Just go into the production import queue, then in the menu select Extras... Other Requests... Add. Select (or type in) your transport request, tick the box for Import Again, and proceed. Unfortunately, this part is one transport at a time, but if it's not too many, not a big deal.

Once the requests are in queue, when you import them, choose the import option Import Transport Request Again, and you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before logging this post I had already instructed the Jnr to continue as per the suggestion from Matt.

I was thinking of using tp commands at OS level taking details and sequence from spreadsheat and deleting and adding to buffer. Which I could have also done.

But thanks for your responses , I was a bit lazy now just easier delegating

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Thhe import history is not located in the database.

You have to look into the ALOG* files in the log directory of DIR_TRANS. There you could delete single lines according the ones you want to delete. Howeve be careful! This is not a good thing to do on the auditors point of view.

Best Regards,

Jader Domingues

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Johan,

If you have a backup of <DIR_TRANS> directory which is in sync with the database backup, you can
use it .

BR,
Gaurav