cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate the link "Forgot your password or user ID?"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone tells me how to activate this part of SRM?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using SRM Server 5.0.

we would like that when user forgot their password we can send them a new one by mail.

I try,but the system ask me for my login password, If i filled it it is ok i recevied a mail with new password....bubt i don't understant why the system ask me to fill my login/password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read this ->

Import Users from File or from Other System
This transaction allows you to manage SRM users.

Notes:
To use SRM transactions, SU01 user accounts in the SAP System have to be assigned to business partners with the role Employee. Business partners contain the person data; Person data in the SU01 user account is not used in SRM. (Exception: The e-mail address in the SU01 user account is used to send the password.)

If SRM is installed as add-on of an ERP system with HCM in the same client, this transaction is deactivated.
In this case, use the HCM transaction to assign employees to user accounts.

Create
Transfer user and employee data from a template
Choose one of the following functions to create SRM users in your SRM System.

1. Upload Users from File
This function allows user data import from an ASCII file.
Prerequisites
The data fields for a user are in a row and are separated by a semicolon (;). These files can be created in MS Excel for example. (Excel files should be saved as CSV files). The order of the fields is critical.
Example
D030456;Le.Tissier;50000105;matthew.le.tissier@aaaaa.com;uk
C00213445;Benali;50000106;francis.benali@bbbbb.com;us
D23456;Pahars;50010203;marians.pahars@ccccc.com;dk
Note
In the menu under Goto -> Define Separator, you can determine whether a semicolon or a comma is to be accepted as separator.
If all the data in the file is not accessible, default values are used for the missing data. If the file contains an e-mail address, the system generates a password and sends it via e-mail to the user. If the file has no e-mail address, you are prompted to specify an initial password for all users.
You must specify the technical key for the fields Academic Title, Form of Address, Manager Indicator, Role, and Country.
You can find the system keys for the academic title in the field/column TITLE_KEY of table TSAD2.
You can find the system keys for the form of address in the field/column TITLE of table TSAD3T.
If the user is to be a manager, you check the field Manager Indicator with a large X.
If you are assigning a role for a user, the technical name of the role has to exist in the file.
You should check in advance in transaction PFCG if the role actually exists.

2. Import Users from Other System via RFC
This function allows you to import users from an SAP System via RFC.
Prerequisite
You have created an RFC destination in the SRM System and this refers to the SAP System from which you want to import the user data.
The system from which you wish to import the user data corresponds to Basis Release 4.5 or higher.
The users exist in the remote system in the transaction SU01.
Note
The default password is only used for those users that do not have an e-mail address. For those users that have an e-mail address, the system generates a password automatically and sends it to the users.

3. Create Users from Existing SU01 Users
This function uses the person data of SU01 users and generates business partners with the employee role. Additionally, a position is generated for the relevant department. You can select the users that you want to assign to an organizational unit.
Prerequisite
You have already created users in transaction SU01 and now require these as SRM users.
4. Import SRM Users from an LDAP Directory
Prerequisite
You have already created users in an LDAP directory and you now require these as SRM users.
Procedure
In the first step, you can create all users from an LDAP server in the SRM System. These are not initially integrated in the organizational structure. If you carry out this step in test mode, only those users are shown that have been transferred.
Appending the users into the organizational structure occurs in the second step. You must select a country and an organizational unit. Then you select the users that you wish to assign.
Assign User Accounts to Employees
Assignment of SU01 user accounts to business partners with the role Employer is necessary for SRM transactions. (Person data in the SU01 user account is not used in SRM). If employees with user accounts are to be able to execute SRM transactions, you have to create this linkage. To do this, use the function Assign employees to user accounts. The list of search results for SU01 user accounts shows accounts that are not assigned to a business partner with role employee You can correct this by selecting Assign Employee and choosing an appropriate SU01 user account using the search help.

Generate User and Employee Data
The users are generated generically by the system and filled with standard values. The user ID consists of an initial part and a sequential number.

Example
Leading initials = ABC, number part from 1 to 1000, length = 8.
The system generates users with the IDs ABC00001, ABC00002, ...., ABC01000.

Further Notes
Generation of users can take some time (you can generate roughly 20 users per minute.) The status line shows how many users have been generated.
Warning:
Once the users have been created you can only delete them individually.
You can only process internal SRM users with this transaction. You can not process vendor users with this transaction.
You should not assign more than 200 users to any organizational unit.

Consistency check
Check User and Employee Data
You can use this function to check the integration of SRM users in the organizational plan and check the data for consistency.

Export
Export User and Employee Data
You can use this function to save user data locally to your PC. The file (of type CSV, for example) contains data in the format specified above. (Data fields are separated by a semicolon.)

Correction
Delete User Accounts and Employees
You can undo your changes and delete existing data records using this function.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

My user are already in the organizational structure...

we can change their password but we want that they do it by their owns with the link on the first page

My english is not very well so i guess i'm not very clear..

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are right, you have to maintain the service connection in SICF and define a service user for the service bbpat04 (so the system won't ask for a user /password when clicking on hte link).

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer pierre, But I never did it before can you tell me how to do this?

thanks a lot

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eileen

Pierre suggestion is the solution for you. You do not need any other settings, if you do not need workflow approvals in this process.

Best regards

Ramki

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eileen

If you do not have authorizations, pl ask your basis expert todo this.

1) Goto SICF

2)In the service name, enter BBPAT04 and click on execute button (F8). (or follow the path: default_host->sap->bc->gui->sap->its->bbpat04

3) Double click on bbpat04

5) Click on 'Pencil' icon to move to change mode

6) In the logon data tab, Enter your EBP client, a service user id and password.

Save

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Ramki ,

can I put an admin user or have I to create a specific one?

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to create a specific user for this. In SU01, connection data, select "service user" so anybody can use this user to logon into your system, it will only work with the service in wich you define this user.

Maintain the authorization profile too (first sap_all for testing or contact some authorization admin for a more restrictive profile).

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it works better,

Now when for example I would like to have ma login, I fill my e-mail address but when I click on the HOME button, I have the message "Logged Off Successfully

You have been logged off from SAP Web Application Server." But I'm not on the home of SRM....do you know if it is another parameter to add on the service?

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eileen,

you need to maintain your service user for the related service bbpat04 in SICF.

Without the information, the system asked for authorization - with the setting

in place, hidden SSO is put in place.

Enter the user and the related password into the fields, save the service and

try again. The password inquiry should work the without any further login

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem with the button HOME: -(

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just have test and i've got the same pop-up asking me ID and password to connect me to the WAS. And after that i can request my ID or password forgotten. I think this pop-up is completely independent. Try to check "Internet self-service" here :

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/48/32211e09fe11d4b583006094b9db76/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/48/32211e09fe11d4b583006094b9db76/frameset.htm</a>

Rgds

Yoann

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it's connection with the WAS and i'm not expert in it so i can't help you much. But you should ask how to pass this step automatically in another message.

Regards

Yoann

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, so :

First : activate the approval process ( Supplier Relationship Management / SRM Server / Master Data / Create Users / Set Approval Indicator)

Second : for each case customize the WF

- ID forgotten : no customizing, no WF

- Password forgotten : WS10000223(with approval) or WS10000224(without approval). The password is sent by mail

- ID and Password forgotten : same WF. The user enter his or her mail and the system will send all in it.

I hope i were more clearly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact we only want to use this for new password or forgotten login but with no approval so I guess that i don't have to do the first step, am i right?

then when i actually click on help, the system ask me for a login and a password?

What have i got to do? maybe maintain a service in SICF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO i only have to activate a Workflow??? I don't really understant...:-(

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think you can find what you want here :

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/ae/ac206d02892c408802aced91d88191/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/ae/ac206d02892c408802aced91d88191/frameset.htm</a>

Then click on Requesting new Logon Data.

Regards,

Yoann