cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Capacity Check

michelleb87
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have configured a storage type with SUM and a capacity check of 1 to check the max. weight a shelf can physically take.

We have a Storage Bin Type 'X8' that can physically hold 8 of the SUT 'A09'. However there is a particular product that goes in a 'A09' size box that is too heavy if 8 SUT are placed in a 'X8' bin. If we process a putaway of this material, the TO errors when the 8th SUT is attempted to be putaway due to the capacity check. How can the system be configured so that if SAP realises the 8th SUT will exceed the capacity check, it will automatically search for a new bin for the 8th SUT?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Close to field "Capacity check method" in the customizing of the storage type, there is a flag "Active capacity check" on the right. It should be flagged if you do not want to get the error message during TO creation. If flagged, the system will look for an other bin for the 8th SU.

Rgds,

Philippe

michelleb87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you.

This was what I was attempting but it wasn't working, leaving me to believe my understanding of the "Active capacity check" was incorrect. Turns out a user exit was interfering with the check, removing the user exit fixed the issue and allowed the "Active capacity check" to work correctly.

Thanks again

Michelle

Answers (0)