Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM/Bapi for Batch Split and Picking for Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to update picking for a outbound delivery with splitting batches. I am using FM BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE to assign multiple batches for delivery item.

It is assigning batches but delivery quantity is getting change, which should not happen.

Can any one please tell me how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks.

-Rajesh

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

The delivery qty should be updated based on pick qty otherwise you would not be able to perform PGI (as far as i know).

Thanks,

Vikram.M

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rajesh s wrote:

It is assigning batches but delivery quantity is getting change, which should not happen.

Can any one please tell me how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks.

-Rajesh

And it's the normal and correct behaviour.

If you are sending batches, the sum of batch qty should be equal to the main item qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram/Simone,

Requirement is to do the batch split, pack in HU and update the picking quantity for each bactch in the outbound delivery. For this I am using BAPI BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE but it works perfectly if I pick full delivery quantity. But the issue is If I try to do partial picking with one bacth, it is making the delivery fully picked.

For Example there is an OD with Quantity 2000

Now I am doing packing for batch ABC and Qty 1000. It packed and updated the picking quantity as 1000 but it changed the main item delivery quantity to 1000 and delivery status to fully picked whereas, it should be partially picked.

Please let me know if you need any more information..

Many thanks

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Rajesh,

When you call the BAPI, are you setting the field CHG_DELQTY in the table  ITEM_CONTROL?

Thanks,

Vikram.M

0 Kudos

Yes Vikram. Im setting CHG_DELQTY = 'X'.

Thank you,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Vikram,

Yes,  I am setting ITEM_CONTROL-CHG_DELQTY = 'X'. If I do not set this flag, nothing is happening.

Thank you,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

I guess this flag is the reason why your delivery qty is getting changed. What exactly do u mean by nothing is happening?

0 Kudos

Can I have your contact number if you don't mind. if I do not set this flag ITEM_CONTROL-CHG_DELQTY = 'X', Batch split not happening. it even not assigning batch to delivery item.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use FM WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 to update the picking and packing for the delivery.