Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Alerts w.r.t Event Codes with single unexpected event 'Delay'

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to trigger separate mail contents/alerts as per the delay at various stages/events.For Eg:

a.Carrier Arrival

b.Carrier in Transit

c.Carrier Departure

I have 3 Event & 1 unexpected event 'DELAY'.

I want to have 3 different mails to be triggered every time a delay is reported manually or automatically via the /SAPTRX/EE_MON.

Can i define a rule with standard activities/functions or methods.

If i try with "EVENT_CODE_CHECK" it always return code as 'DELAY" but how do i differentiate the Alert Categories as per actual event which is being delayed eg "Carrier Arrival" or "Carrier Departure".

Do i need to write altogether a custom activity & hardcode the values there?Pls help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can set separate multitask activities for all three events Carrier Arrival, Carrier in Transit and Carrier Departure.

You can use two activity methods IS_EE_LATE and IS_EE_MSG_LATE (Configure Expected Event profile) that can help you to trigger separate alert category and customize your alerts.

Isolate separately Delay unexpected event as the above configuration will take care.

Regards

GGOPII

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For those 3 EE's, use EE Monitor Activity ( goto your EE Profile and double click ). For examples, goto Define Activities for the EE Monitor/Multi-task and it's pretty easy. Pre-req is that you schedule your EE Monitor Job. As soon as EE is overdue, it will trigger an alert.

For Delay Unexpected Event, you can do the alert from ruleset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the issue is related to DELAY event reported for your EE's ( Carrier Arrival, Carrier in Transit and so on ..) then one idea is to send that info( which EE is delayed ) with your DELAY event either as a reason code or some event parameter. Now in ruleset, check the event code and the secondary info ( reason code or parameter ) and trigger alert.

Thanks,

Vishnu

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Do you mean to say that i need to populate the EE as a reason code/event parameter via a custom activity or FM?

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

how do you get the information with the delay event which event of

a.Carrier Arrival

b.Carrier in Transit

c.Carrier Departure

is delayed?

Event Code check only retrieves actual event. But as you must either get somehow the info about the delayed event you could store it then as parameter and use it in alert config.

Best regards,

Steffen

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I am trying to store the info of actual event & the delay as info param & will use the same to trigger the events.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Populate the EE code (or something meaningful related to one of those 3 EEs) which is the reason for DELAY event as a event parameter or reason code.

If you are using WEBUI to report DELAY, you need a field in popup to put in the code (  one of those 3 events ).

If DELAY is reported some other way, still the same idea. You need to pass in the value into parameter field. Depending on how DELAY is triggered, it can be Event Type or BAPI or IDOC.

Now, You can use the combination of DELAY event and Parameter to trigger the appropriate alert from ruleset.

If it's C or I type parameter, don't forget to use PARAMETER_CHANGE_NEW before your event/parameter combination check for alert.

Instead of I or C type parameter, try to use Message Parameter or Reason Code ( if not used for any other purpose ) to capture the EE value with delay event.

Regards,

Vishnu