cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free of Charge Items in Sales Order charged as expense to WBS

0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have Sales Order with some value and some items in the sales order are charged as FOC i.e. given free to customer

Example

Item A - 100$

Item B - FOC

But Item B is like loss , hence I want to charge the value (e.g. 75$)  of item B as expense to WBS elements and should show as actual cost against that WBS elements

Any Suggestions will be appreciated

Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

first of all let me know which process you are doing like Assembly Process or some other.

please create WBS wrt to line items in Sales order where first line item will generate Revenue (Billing) and second you are refering as FOC (Item category should be configured as FOC and will not generate any invoice). in standard we have item category as AFNN-Free of charge item.

in this way you can achieve your solution. rest you can also get in touch with SD Consultant for better understanding.

thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am using normal sales order without Assembly process.

we have condition type FOC assigned to the Line item in conditions Tab.

This condition type makes the Net Price to Zero in Sales Order for the item.

Now the Cost of Material i.e. (COGS) should be charged as an expense (Actual Cost) to WBS elements.

Hi Experts,

Just Need one clarification, is the WBS Element field in Account Assignment Tab in Sales Order is used only to capture only Revenue or can capture both Actual Cost and Revenue.

PS : Internal Order when use in Account Assignment captures Actual Cost.

Regards,

Nitin

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

WBS is assigned to sales order line item because business wants to check what will be the planned revenue against our Actual/planned cost. after invoicing done you will able to see actual revenue in WBS reports.

Actual cost will be posted on PS object whereas revenue is posted to sales order line items only. these both can be compared in report with help of assignments.

thanks

Sunil