cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorporate CST & VAT tax indicators in XD01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

There is a requirement from our client to incorporate both CST & VAT tax indicators in Customer master. But as we have seen only one field is available which is allowing either VAT  or CST tax indicator.  Please suggest how to incorporate both the indicators in Customer Master - XD01.

Regards

Abdul Jabbar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for your prompt reply.  I have tried and it is working fine. 

Here one scenario regarding CST Sales -   Some time a customer is ordered qty along wtih Form- C and some times Without Form - C. 

in this case how to maintain tax indicator in the Customer Master - XD01 for both the Form- C and some times Without Form - C at a time for CST Sales.

Please suggest.

Regards

Abdul Jabbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change tax liable in sales order header manually.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems to be an interview question.

If you know how and on what logic, VAT & CST should be charged, you would not have posted here.  Leave from SAP point of view as to how to achieve this.  Practically, let us assume, you are a seller having a local customer in your area.  While selling, do you charge them both VAT & CST.  The Ship To is to be charged either VAT or CST depending upon from where they receive the goods.

Think practically and even if client insists like this, raise your voice and tell not possible.  System will take care of fetching VAT or CST tax code based on your configuration and region of delivering plant and Ship To region.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir- we have  to agree with you, that single customer will be maintained either CST or VAT indicators at CMR.

But in my Previous client-A customer has always maintained with both CST & VAT condition types.

(Ex. JCST & JLST)

When i ask the same to my client-he replied in such  a way-what if one customer gets the goods from different plant (lying in some other region) other than his regular plant-due to some Availability issue...

May be maintaining both VAT/CST conditions at CMR appropriate-Pl correct me sir if any...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, in that case, you should differentiate for material.  Also, you have to differentiate the tax structure based on Tax classification which you can see in Customer master and Material master and not condition type.  Even if you see the standard configuration, SAP have provided Tax Classification only.

Now coming to answer your query, in such case, you need to maintain two Tax classifications as 1 & 2 and in condition record for these condition types, you should differentiate the tax code based on which, system would fetch either VAT or CST value.  Most importantly, if you see the standard table for MWST in access sequence, it would be 2 and 11 and check the condition record with this combination so that you would observe, system would populate tax classification only for domestic taxes

G. Lakshmipathi