Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal use Cloud Identity service in PROD landscape

0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

Our team would like to create an SAP HANA Cloud app which allows users/customers to author their own Roadmaps, of course the data from different companies must be isolated. After watching the video SAP Cloud Identity (YouTube), I’m interested in the possibility to leverage SMAL authentication to identify user info thereby achieving the isolation.

Anyone who can help us with following questions?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1) In order to access SAP Cloud Identity service admin console, the help doc says -“To use SAP Cloud Identity service, you must obtain a tenant”, but as SAP internal user, currently we are on PROD landscape "neo.ondemand.com", how can we access it? how to request a tenant?

2) In videos #4, the demo application has a register link, by clicking it, a registration form will popup with all pre-configured attributes such as name, company, etc. how can this be done especially if I create a new app?

3) Is it possible to use xsjs API $.session.samlUserInfo to retrieve the user profile information like company when a registered user access the app?

Your advise will be very appreciated!

Best Regards,

XiaoLiang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Tenant in a cloud world is basically installation in on premise world. So for your app you will need a tenant of identity service. How to do it as a SAP employee? I have no idea. Here is description for SAP customers. Basically, you have to go trough sales rep.

2. Here you will outsource identity management to this service. The service provides forms for self registration (if configured in admin console). So I assume that somewhere in admin console you will be able to get a link for your tenant.

3. You can configure which attributes will be collected by identity service. You can also configure which attributes will be passed with SAML assertion. More info here. I believe that xsjs API will give you access to those attributes.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Tenant in a cloud world is basically installation in on premise world. So for your app you will need a tenant of identity service. How to do it as a SAP employee? I have no idea. Here is description for SAP customers. Basically, you have to go trough sales rep.

2. Here you will outsource identity management to this service. The service provides forms for self registration (if configured in admin console). So I assume that somewhere in admin console you will be able to get a link for your tenant.

3. You can configure which attributes will be collected by identity service. You can also configure which attributes will be passed with SAML assertion. More info here. I believe that xsjs API will give you access to those attributes.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your hints, seems the biggest problem is how to get a tenant in PROD landscape.

Regards,

Xiaoliang

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, check this thread. So if you have a tenant on HCP you should be able to get 90 day trial account to do your tests. I don't see it in HCP console for my trial account but I did just a quick check.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hello Xiaoliang,

An e-mail with the internal procedure has been sent to you today.

Regards,

Donka Dimitrova

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.