SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD ISU Integration Queries

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to the ISU Module. I have gone through some informative forum threads on the SD ISU integration. I have a few queries on the same

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1570832

1) If the billing needs to be done for a product or spare part, is there a specific sales order type and billing type provided by SAP which needs to be configured or do we need to customize the standard Order and billing type which is OR and F2?

2) If the billing needs to be done for service rendered which document type(service order) should be used for Service Scenario's?

3) Is there any standard configuration document available in the SAP Marketplace which talks about the integration of SD and ISU which SAP provides?

Kind Regards

Atul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

For the integration, what really matters is the determination of Main and Sub transactions.

I have worked in two different version of SD/FICA integration,

In the earlier version, Main & Sub Transaction defined for the combination of Billing type, Item category & Acct assignment group from SD. Also, for each of the SD billing type we need to configure the FICA document type.

In the current version, Main & Sub Transaction defined for the Account key which we  use it in SD pricing procedure & GL account determination.

Config path : Spro -> Financial accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable & payable -> Integration -> Sales & Distribution.

Thanks

Sathyadeep.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

For the integration, what really matters is the determination of Main and Sub transactions.

I have worked in two different version of SD/FICA integration,

In the earlier version, Main & Sub Transaction defined for the combination of Billing type, Item category & Acct assignment group from SD. Also, for each of the SD billing type we need to configure the FICA document type.

In the current version, Main & Sub Transaction defined for the Account key which we  use it in SD pricing procedure & GL account determination.

Config path : Spro -> Financial accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable & payable -> Integration -> Sales & Distribution.

Thanks

Sathyadeep.

0 Kudos

Hello Dhanbalan,

Thanks for your prompt response appreciate the same, can you also explain the document types which need to be used(sales order's,service order's and billing document types) which need to be configured, if we need to use standards like OR, RAS and F2.

Kind Regards

Atul

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I have very limited knowledge on SD and have always used Z order types with standard F2 invoice document type (w/o delivery) for any ISU non-utility charges. I am not sure how much R/3 SD functionalities you are using in your client. As long as you have the proper integration settings, it does not matter whether you use standard or custom order & invoice document types.

Regards,

Sathyadeep