Did you mean: 

Cross-line stock putaway query

yogesh_agarwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP WM folks

May I request your attention, to assist me solve the below business case:

Warehouse structure is as below:

These are 4 high racks, where grey color track is the path for forklift to move & black color indicates that racks are joined back to back

All bins have 4 character nomenclature, for example - A101 (A->Rack, 1->Level, 01->Stack)

All bins of above racks belong to one and only one storage type

When forklift moves between racks A & B, it should populate the bins in below sequence:

A101, A201, A301, A401, A501, B101, B201, B301, B401, B 501, A102,..........................

I used below sort sequence:

This populates bins in below sequence:

A101, A201, A301, A401, A501, B101, B201, B301, B401, B 501, C101,..........................

Please suggest your valuable feedback

Best Regards

Yogesh Agarwal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I would suggest additionally to the bin sorting to create storage section:

• storage section 001 for bins Axxx and Bxxx
  • storage section 002 for bins Cxxx and Dxxx

And to look first in the strategie for bins in storage section 001, then in storage section 002, ...

Rgds,

Philippe

yogesh_agarwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Philippe

There is already section check activated for the storage type, as different kinds of products are stored differently, for example all heavy case sheets in level 1 only

Also, there are 3 more categories of sections for general, brackets and long pipes

So, total of 4 sections do exist already for this storage type

DO I NEED TO INTRODUCE 2 MORE SECTIONS, SAY SAB (SECTION FOR A & B),

SCD (SECTION FOR C & D)

But, if I do so, then what happens to existing sections?

Please suggest!

Best Regards

Yogesh Agarwal.

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Yes, if you want to achieve your goal only with customizing, you need to create new storage sections. The only other option you have is to populate the sort field by a program or via an LSMW, so that it respects exactly the path you want.

@Manish; the difference is the last bin A102 versus C101.

Rgds,

Philippe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you rephrase your expectation as I don't see any difference in between these two line (Also as a standard Rule of Bin nomenclature you should have Aisle----Stack----Level, in your case Level is in between is there any specific business reason to define the bin number like this)

When forklift moves between racks A & B, it should populate the bins in below sequence: A101, A201, A301, A401, A501, B101, B201, B301, B401, B 501, A102,.......................... This populates bins

in below sequence: A101, A201, A301, A401, A501, B101, B201, B301, B401, B 501, C101,..........................

yogesh_agarwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Manish

Thanks for your response, the nomenclature is as per business need

And the difference between 1st & 2nd sequence is the proposal of bins from rack C after all levels of A & B are done with in 1st stack

Best Regards

Yogesh Agarwal.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still I am not clear as the OMLM transaction just generates a number based on the value you are extracting from the storage bin nomenclature it has nothing to do with generation of sequence(whether A should come first or C should come first, generation of this number for the bin is purely based on the storage bin numbering) as this is master data which will go into the sort placement field,

yogesh_agarwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Manish

Sorry for the delay in my response!

The issue is a genuine one, sorry if I have been unable to explain clearly

But, above clue from Philippe is the only answer, that can be used to solve this issue in std. SAP

So, this thread can be assumed answered

Thanks & Best Regards

Yogesh Agarwal.