cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to send notification to consumers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to get a push notification whenever an instance of custom workflow is created in SMP 3.

I have exposed decision step of a custom workflow using NW gateway (created a custom gateway OData service from standard WFSERVICE)

I tried pushing a notification through Rest Client and its working perfect, referring How To... Enable End-to-End Push Notifications ... | SCN.

I tried running programs "RSWNSEL" and "/IWWRK/R_WF_ITEM_SELECTION_GW" but no log is displayed in smp push log.I tried running "/IWBEP/R_MGW_PUSH_TEST" also but didnt help. I configured rfcs following below thread

Configuring ECC and Gateway for notification pu... | SCN

when using /IWBEP/R_MGW_PUSH_TEST error comes.

in Gateway error log error message is "

Failed to send notifications to consumers

"

Please help

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeesh,

This is most probably due to some error in RFC destination config.

Can you please check the SBGRFCMON transaction and see the cause of error there? Please also check this link for Notification Monitor Notification Monitor - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the log is empty.nothing comes up.need any configuration for the tool to work?

Regards

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting the error in backend or in front end system? Check the logs and SBGRFCMON on the same system.

Also check this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have embedded system not hub.iam getting error in /iwfnd/error_log tcode.

In smp push url is http://host:port/Notification.I was not able to set transfer protocol as bgrfc in supervisor destination.is that the cause of the error?

Also i didnt create iwfnd_odata_push .i just changed rfc destination NONE to BEP_RFC_DEST which is pointing to the host:instance .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know how but now SBGRFCMON shows 2 processible units.status of one is green(unit can be executed)another one is in yellow state(Unit blocked or locked).name of first function module is /IWFND/FM_MGW_NOTIF_RECEIVER.what to do next?also in /iwbep/NOTIF_MONITOR

two notification is in ready state.

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeesh,

Double click on red status, it will open the details of the error. Paste the screenshot here.

Its like:

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like the case that I mentioned above, the user did not exist in the target system. I created the user in the target system with authorization of RFC logon and executed the queue manually. It worked.

Since you have embedded system, it is not the case with you. The error details will help.

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is the details screenshot

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeesh,

Try to manually 'Unblock queues in filter' from the left menu as

The details show that this outbound queue can be executed. I think the queue is not executed automatically because your RFC destination is not of bgRFC and is not scheduled in SBGRFCCONF.

Change the transfer protocol in RFC destination to bgRFC.

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried above step but showing

No Locked Queue in Filter.

my config screenshot are here

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeesh,

If it's showing 'No locked queue in filter', it means that this queue is processed successfully. Just come out of the transaction and get in again. It should not show you any outbound queue(if you have triggered the notification again after releasing the previous queue).

Also, have you made your RFC destination(the one which is used to process this outbound queue) transfer protocol as bgRFC?

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a doubt.

Do i need to create smpPushUser in sap backend also? smpPushUser was created in sap mobile platform.

Screenshot is below

Former Member
0 Kudos

i came out and its still showing the queue entries.RFC is bgRFC.I was not able to make the supervisor destination as bgRFC.it is tRFC by default.

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The supervisor destination should be of tRFC only.

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, these credentials are for the authentication at the destination level. So no need to maintain these in the backend for RFC destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your system is hub or embedded?Can You share your configs

Regards

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeesh,

My system is a Hub system. You can find most of the screenshot of my config in my replies at this thread:

Let me know if you need any specific screenshot.

I would suggest you to firstly test your notification system with the SICF http handler class as suggested in the above thread. If this works fine you can be sure that there is something wrong with the other subscriber.

Regards,

Ekansh