cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP hardware sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing SAP ERP on Oracle and received SAP hardware sizing too.

The sizing for ECC Production server is given as :

Base SAPS / % loadBase SAPS at 65% CPU UtlAddnl Load  on Base SAPSRecomm SAPS at 65%  CPU UtlRAM (GB)Min Internal Disk (GB) - OS & SWAP External (SAN) Disk (GB) - Database
SAP ECC 6.0 Production  system 890065%
Database Server30%26704406401461100
Central Instance30%2670440640146
Application Server70%62301028088146

Now my question is, how do we provision the hardware for the above sizing. Will it require 3 physical servers, or can we have DB and CI on one physical machine or CI and Application on one physical machine? what is the best practice and normally done methodology.

Your help and suggestion will be highly appreciated please

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SebSchmitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Chezangla,

how did you come to the sizing result. Did you use the Quick Sizer (www.service.sap.com/quicksizer)?

The overall number of SAPS of 8900 is pretty low. Normally, this would fit into an small entry level server. Typically, you would go for two-tier installation, where App + DB server are on the same phyical hardware. Please discuss it with your hardware partner.

You can also check the benchmarks on www.sap.com/benchmarks to find a suitable configuration.

Best regards,,

Sebastian Schmitt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian,

The sizing was done by one of the global SAP implementing partners and I believe they must have used the quick sizer.

8900 SAPS is base line and recommended SAPS is 14686, is this still low?

Here I am just trying to find out, central instance and application server means the one and the same thing.

Chezangla

SebSchmitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Chezangla,

maybe this SCN thread helps you with regards to the Central Instance: Central instance and SAP instance | SCN

14686 is still pretty small.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Answers (0)