Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI: Unzip ZIP-File and match content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirment that I'm currently not quite sure PI can handle it:

In this scneario a file adapter is picking up a zip-file from a FTP-server. This file contains around 16 differen csv-files. Two of these files are only relevant for the further process. They need to be picked out of the other files. Then thse two files need to be matched with each other as one is containing the header information and the other form the line corresponding line information. After that the result needs to be post via a proxy object to our erp-system.

Can this scenario be resolved by a "smiple" file to proxy scenario? I have been searching around quite so time for the PayloadZipBean and have heard that this adapter module is not capaple of unzip more than one file. Is this correct? Is there any solution for creating the above described process?

regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

My few cents:

1. You can divide the flow in 2 steps

2. In First flow pick the Zip file and unzip it (using PayloadZipBean Module )in your local / temp dir in PI / Filesystem

Adding PayloadZipBean in the Module Processor - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

3. In second flow pick the required File name in Sender File Channel (Create 2 separate Sender CC-1 for Header & other for Detail ) and map it to corresponding Proxy

4. Do corresponding mapping (2 sets of MM each for Header n Line)

5. This will create 2 File to Proxy Scenarios

6. Ask the ABAP to handle the Header / Line linking logic in Proxy instead of doing in PI (AFAIK - there is no standard way to do this in PI)

Hope this helps

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Azhar,

I have tried to use the unzip module in the adapter module. But now only the first file in the archive is getting unzipped. At least I only see the content of this file in the workbench. Is this a bug or do I have to configure something more?

Regrds
Christian