cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use visibility filter to filter by using region.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on a project that needs to filter some Brands by a certain Region using visibility filters.

Unfortunately, when we use try to filter by Brand ID and Customer Country ID using the equal operator, nothing happens.

Is there another option in doing this? We were thinking of using an operator that equals 'does not equal' to filter everything that we do not want, but IBP does not have such an operator.

Thank you for your time,

Louis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't explain myself more. I'm currently working for BizBrain Technology and I understand that Irmi has taken a look at our issue.

A little more background:

1. We have Simple Master, Compound Master Data, and Virtual Master Data.
  2. We have Visibility Filters on Compound Master Data .
  3. Expectation was that the Visibility Filters will control the data a user can see.

Simple Data

Virtual Master Data

Compound Master Data

As you can see, a user can get access to many countries.  Our need is to limit marketing users to a specific brand and to a specific countries.

Thanks for everyone's help so far,

Louis

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you post screenshot of

- your visibility filter

- of what you try to do in Excel, load / maintain master data or work on selections in planning views?

And what you mean by "Unfortunately, when we use try to filter by Brand ID and Customer Country ID using the equal operator, nothing happens."

I am not sure if you say you have visibility filter created on Brand ID and Customer ID, but in Excel you filter on Customer Region or Customer Region ID ? Is both MD and KF selection not working or just one of them?

If only maintenance of the compound master data type Customer-SalesOrg-Brand is not working, it may be related to the fact that this has no Customer Country ID as attribute

Customer Region ID is only attribute to PB1Country and PB1Customer, but it is not part of the compound. I guess selection on the keyfigures display is giving correct planneable combination, and only maintenance of compound characteristics is wrong, correct???

Thanks

P.S.: I have to correct myself, when I said "You cannot set the filter on Brand ID but use brand description in planning area": If your selection on Brand ID leads to correct Brand description than you sure can select in excel on Brand description, but only if in the planning levels of the KF both have to be part of, my statement was misleading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

As per your requirement, you want marketing users to view specific brand and countries, so put the filter has equal to and add the brand and countries ID's which user wants to view, since there is no "does not equal" to option under visibility filter you have to opted for equal to and assign the required ones.

Thanks

Chethana V

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

plus,

- exclusion in visibility filter is not available. Re-work your filter and make inclusions only

- if you have both ID and description and work with the "old" configuration that they are independent, you need to put the filter on that object you really use- You cannot set the filter on Brand ID but use brand description in planning area

- the selection criteria MUST be part of the planning level. If you have e.g. your filter on customer ID, but KF1 is on customer group level only, that cannot not work

Cheers

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Are you facing any issues while creating visibility filter from UI?

You should be able to create filter on Region or customer country ID from attribute drop down and then using operator 'Equal' and then enter the value.

Please make sure -

1) Master data and attributes are assigned to your planning area

2) Planning area is active

3) Master data is uploaded

Thanks,

Rohit

0 Kudos

Or if it's for a particular user, you can create the filter in excel itself.

However, have seen no issues with visibility filter and I think Ranjan's soln should work as well.

Vivek