cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to SAP use the Field Label Instead of the Field Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

On most all of our PCs using SAP version 7200 2..5 or 3.0 when using Script Recording and Playback to record an action, the script recorded shows Field Labels as the name for the field used. But on a few PC's Field Names are shown,

Example:  session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/ctxt[42]").text = "dsc010"                        uses Field Labels

sessionfindById("wnd[0]/usr/ctxtARBPL-LOW").text = "dsc010"          using Field Names

What setting in SAP GUI will set all fields to use the LABEL  instead of the NAME?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

welcome in the Scripting Language forum.

It could be a problem of the Low Speed Connection entry in your System Entry Properties, check the settings.

It must be set equal on all systems.

SAP note 587202:

If the low speed connection indicator is set for a connection, the system transfers less information to the SAP GUI. As a result, the scripting component is missing the field names that are required for the names and IDs of the objects in the scripting model. Errors then occur (for example, with FindById).

Let us know your results.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

The speed is set to "High Speed Connection" on all systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the indirect way with a variable:

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/ctxt[" & i & "]").text = "dsc010"

The code for the first 10 fields:

For i = 1 to 10

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/ctxt[" & i & "]").text = "dsc010"

next

I don't know if you can count all ctxt-fields in one modus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply but I am filling selected fields on many pages.  What I am looking for is how to set the SAP session to show and respond to Field Labels instead of Field Names.