Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Table Re-distribution- Table moved to Master blade

former_member195940
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

we are on HANA SP07 Rev 74. We recently did Table Re-distribution. Post Table Re-distribution I see one "entire" Table moved to Master blade instead of the Slave blade(s).

Did anyone faced this issue earlier and if so, can you please tell me why system would do that.

Note:

1. this Table was not partitioned and was on the slave nodes before the Table Re-distribution.

2. we never manually moved a table from one node to another during the Table Re-distribution. we went though the standard way

3. This table I am talking about is a "Column Table"

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ruediger_karl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

if didn't define any table placement rules or table classifications, the landscape reorg distributes all tables (CS + RS) equally across all available nodes in the cluster. It considers table size (# of records) and number of tables per node for distribution. If you need to correct the placement you should define the table placement explicitely. The HANA admin guide contains a section under Scaleing SAP HANA for table distribution. And, please update your SAP HANA version !

Regards, Ruediger

former_member195940
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you!

well, we did not define any explicit rules on the Tables when we did the TD(table distribution).

I am not quite sure if System has moved the table to Master node as the table is not partitioned and we never ran the RSDU_TABLE_CONSISTENCY.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The table distribution feature has been extended and changed a couple of times and Rev 74 is pretty old by know.

Check SAP note

2081591FAQ: SAP HANA Table Distribution

for details.

Also be aware that you need to configure the table distribution before usage.

- Lars