Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI Mobile Support for Android 5.1.1 / Android M

CHickman72
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using the Google Nexus line of mobile devices which have been updated to Android 5.1.1.  The Google Play store informs me that this OS is not currently supported by SAP BI.

What is the plan for support of the latest Android OS for phones and tablets?  The iOS version supports iOS 7 and above but we are limited on the Android side.

Also, given that the Android M Developer Preview is in its second release, is SAP currently testing SAP BI against this new Operating System?  I'd like to be up and running as soon as the new Android OS drops.

Thank you!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SAP for Mobile to SAP BusinessObjects Mobile as the more appropriate community for this topic.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

arijit_gupta2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI App is supported on Android version 5.1.1 from 6.2 onwards.

Please review SAP KBA 2184543 in this regard.

Please download the latest SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 6.2.7 from the Google Playstore from the below link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sap.mobi&hl=en

regards,

Arijit

CHickman72
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Arijit!

This is just what I needed.  I did indeed download the SAP BI app to my Nexus 6 and it's running well.

Will this still be supported this fall when the Android M / 5.2 / 6.0 version is released?  Is there any testing happening against the Android M Developer Preview?

I don't want to miss any steps especially since I'm presenting this fall at R&A.

Thanks!

Chris

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please take a look at SAP BusinessObjects Mobile for Android – SAP Help Portal Page.  I found it using a Google Custom Search for SAP websites which is very useful and (much) better than the internal SCN Search.  I copied your Discussion title and pasted it into the search window.

It would appear (I am not a BI or BO savvy person) that BI stuff can be found in SCN often in BO areas.  might be a good place to visit.  Look at the site index at the bottom left of SCN pages (in the footer) which has a list of BO and BI communities (look under B).

If you figure out where this Discussion should reside to get the most traffic of BI Mobile technical experts, reply to this or send me a Direct Message (see the Getting Started link at the top right of each page).  Or even Alert Moderator - Wrong Space and I will move it to the right location.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

CHickman72
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mike.

Yes.  I think it's a good idea that this is moved to the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile area since this is specifically for SAP BI.

I haven't seen any answers to my question nor is there anything listed on the Maintenance Schedule for SAP BI Mobile.

@SAPSupportHelp on Twitter recommends that I post the question here and they will try to boost it internally.

Any thoughts on who can provide an update on this?

Thanks!

Chris