cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Application throws NoClassDefFoundError for IAspect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I decided to teach myself a little bit more about Web Dynpros and the Composite Application Framework and as such started working through SAP's tutorials. Currently I'm busy with 'Using a Composite Application via a Web Dynpro UI' - at the section where I need to programmatically populate a DropDownByKey with the location names. I followed the tutorial's instructions step for step, but after deploying and running my application I receive the following error message:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/tc/col/client/generic/api/IAspect

Sometimes IAspect is replaced by IStructure.

The detailed error provides this message:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to create delegate for component com.sap.carpool.travel.Travel. (Hint: Is the corresponding DC deployed correctly? Does the DC contain the component?)

It seems as if it is struggling to find the DC containing IAspect and IStructure, but I have included

tc/col/runtime (default)

in the 'Used DCs' of my Web Dynpro DC.

Any ideas what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

JP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Sounds like you have built-time reference for tc/col/runtime, but run-time reference is missing. Also I'm not completely sure, but check run-time reference to tc/col/api too (probably it's not necessary but who knows

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like that to me as well. I can use the code as I've imported

com.sap.tc.col.client.generic.api.IAspect;

, but when it actually tries and load the implementation it can't find it?

Unfortunately, checking the run-time (or build or deploy time) checkboxes on tc/col/runtime did not help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

AFAIK, reference to CAF runtime should be added via Project / Properties / WebDynpro References menu. Also some parts of CAF are not WD projects so you can't see them in WD Container. Instead, open Visual Administrator, connect to WebAS and check something with col/api or similar either in Services or Libraries subtree.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Valery,

I had a look in the Visual Administrator and sure enough I couldn't find any library corresponding to tc/col/*. Is there anyway for me to add the library, seeing as it is missing?

Thanks,

JP

todor_petrov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm gettting the same error, so please if you found a solution post it.

Thanks in advance.

Greets,

T

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Noticed something just now and thought I'd share it (hopefully it can help).

I logged onto the portal and went to the Web Dynpro tab, which lists Web Dynpro components deployed. Most of the Used DCs in my own Web Dynpro is listed there, but I could not find any corresponding to com/sap/tc/col/client/generic/api.

Could this be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I should just also post what I have tried thus far:

- Searching on the forums and on Google

- Rebuilding and redeploying all my DCs

- Stopping and starting the WAS

Thanks all ...