Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 56 273 in PR05

s0003863228
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are customizing FI-TV module and we get an error when we create a trip with PR05 for an employee who is assigned to a company code without controlling  area. This transaction always need the cost center, so when we create a new trip with PR05 for this employee we obtain error: 56273: Master cost center missing for PersNo.

Error explanation advice us enter cost center in one of these infotypes: 001,0017 or 0027, but that is not possible because we haven’t Controlling area active for this company code.

Do you know any way to avoid this error?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

even assuming you could modify everything to lever out this error, without at least a set of mini master data, FI-TV won't work. If you have no way to maintain at least the infotypes mentioned in the following help-link, then.... tough luck ;-/

Create HR Master Data for Travel Management - Travel Management (FI-TV) - SAP Library

Cheers, Lukas

s0003863228
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas

We could maintain these infotypes, but we couldn't populate cost center data in any of them as this company doesn't have any cost center. I think maintaining CO data for FI-TV should be an option, not mandatory data. Maybe SAP force to have CO active in every company that use FI-TV, but I couldn't discover any documentation with that restriction

Thanks and regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

in my opinion this cannot work without at least a minimal setup of the FI module, i.e. Controlling Area --> Company Code --> Cost Center Hierarchy to enable maintenance of cost centers of the said Infotypes.

You might want to wait for Sigi or Michael to confirm this, methinks they have better functional knowledge than me. But from a mere technical point of view... I don't think it can work, there's so many static portions in the coding of the frame program where basic FI data is polled etc.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to have a controlling area to set up cost centers! From my knowledge it is not possible to create a cost center without controlling area.

And cost centers are needed to create a trip. As Lukas said the main program is hard coded and is checking if cost center is entered and "active".

Best regards, Sigi

s0003863228
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas and Sigi

I agree with your assertion that is not possible to create cost center without controlling area. But what i'm really wish to know is, is it possible to have travel management in a company without controlling area? Due to your answers i think it's not possible, correct?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

correct this is not possible. And I never have seen a company using SAP ERP without controlling.

Answers (0)